Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

securing Kayak/ Paddle board on front rails

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
CarverChris
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 2987 Monterey, twin screws and loving life

securing Kayak/ Paddle board on front rails

Postby CarverChris » March 16th, 2017, 9:43 am

Hi All, curious to see how folks are securing kayaks/ stand up paddle boards to their front railings? We have a 29' Monterey if it matters.

I found this online:

seems pretty pricey for rolled pieces of metal covered in foam with mounting brackets. Has anyone rigged up something similar or know of different options?

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Re: securing Kayak/ Paddle board on front rails

Postby SanJuanDreamer » March 16th, 2017, 11:08 am

Like to try them but the price puts me off.

United States of America
jcoll
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 355 Motor yacht

Re: securing Kayak/ Paddle board on front rails

Postby jcoll » March 16th, 2017, 12:07 pm

I don't have kayaks to carry but if I did I don't think I would use these. Reasons being, if mounted on the outside it would bother me because they might hit some pilings when docking. If mounted on the inside of railing (or for that matter the outside too) I'd be concerned with the weight moving the railings and possibly breaking the seal at the base plate of the railings causing a water leak.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”