Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How to store spare props on a 560

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Txcruiser
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2007 560 Voyager, Volvo D12

How to store spare props on a 560

Postby Txcruiser » September 13th, 2013, 10:45 pm

I would appreciate photos showing a good method of carrying spare props on a 560 Voyager. Thanks.

United States of America
LarryHedden
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 560 Voyager pilot house

Re: How to store spare props on a 560

Postby LarryHedden » November 27th, 2017, 10:23 am

My spare props are stored between the A/C unit and the power cable tubs in the aft of the boat stacked on top of each other. Hard to get in and out but so far they just take it space. 2004 560 v0yager

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: How to store spare props on a 560

Postby Viper » December 5th, 2017, 7:02 am

Where ever you put them, ensure they are mechanically secured, and that the mechanism is robust enough to handle the load. If they bounce/slide around in rough seas they can cause a lot of damage. This goes for anything stored in the bilge like a spare anchor, shaft, bbq, or anything else. Smaller items like spare oil, parts, etc. should be in secured containers with locking lids. For the smaller items, I like using battery boxes. They're easy to secure and are vented. Some of the things I've seen unsecured in bilges are pretty scary when you think of what could go wrong. The most common are ropes, spare running gear, anchors, outboards, bbqs, and portable fuel containers full of fuel :-O

Return to “General Boating Discussion”