Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

first day out!

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

first day out!

Postby CaptBob » April 9th, 2017, 8:19 pm

Well, not really. I've been down to the boat a couple of time, did some maintenance, changed oil, cleaned the bilge, (after the oil change, so I see a reverso system in my future!) laid around, dreamed of warm breezy days.

But Today we were in full swing. I dewinterized, (which means for me, removing the snap on vent covers, turn off the heaters in the engine room, remove the heater from the head, and turn on the ice maker. ) Then the cleaning session came in full tilt.

I may get injured for posting this... but what happens at the dock, stays at the dock! To be fair, I cleaned all the rest of the boat, just left them (The one with sunglasses is a dock neighbor) to do the non skid. Seems fair enough to me.

I did wait to consume docktails till after the scrubbing was done, and came out with enough drinks for all.
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: first day out!

Postby bud37 » April 9th, 2017, 8:43 pm

You " da man."..... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » April 9th, 2017, 11:27 pm

Looking good. It must be really nice to have a covered dock. Keeps the boat looking newer since its out of the elements while dockside.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Postby CaptBob » April 10th, 2017, 9:51 am

Yes, she cleans up nice for a 13 year old boat!
Ah, yes the "covered corridor". Far enough north that they sheds don't blow away in hurricanes, and far enough south that they don't sink from snow load. Fresh water, (but far from clear!) Gotta learn to like locks that drop 60 feet or so though!
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

Return to “General Boating Discussion”