Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Shore water

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Shore water

Postby bud37 » May 9th, 2017, 8:17 pm

Its just a simple adaptor to make and would probably be useful later anyway...this is my thinking.....from looking at the schematic, putting water in at that point would prove the system from there all over the boat and if it is all ok then the deduction would be the leg with the inlet regulator is the problem, maybe the reg,....( that seems to be the only thing that has been touched).... who knows, it might only be a foot or it could be 15 feet of tubing and fittings.....he already knows his fresh water pump side works fine and has owned the boat for some 14 years.
Tom .....yup I never thought of a washing machine hose ...good one...lets see what he says....
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
mjmason1
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver Voyager 530

Re: Shore water

Postby mjmason1 » May 11th, 2017, 9:17 am

I just went through this on a Silverton. Disconnect the water intake valve from the boat. Connect a hose to it and run water. If you get good water pressure then follow the water line from that connection to the next connection. Disconnect that and look for flow. Then continue procedure until you find the stoppage. My problem turned out to be the regulator on the transom. Remember, just because you bought a new regulator, doesn't mean it's any good.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”