Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Well that escalated quickly!

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: Well that escalated quickly!

Postby mjk1040 » June 19th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Thanks guys! I was hoping it was the aux/ tank. That's were I would have had it plumbed it if I designed the fuel supply. LOL!
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » June 19th, 2017, 9:55 pm

When I have nothing else to do, I believe I will change mine to draw from the Aux tank.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 20th, 2017, 2:36 am

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post When I have nothing else to do, I believe I will change mine to draw from the Aux tank.

That would seem, at least to me, the logical place for the generator to draw its fuel from.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
jcoll
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 355 Motor yacht

Postby jcoll » June 20th, 2017, 11:00 am

On the subject of vapor lock I've experienced the same symptoms as Roxanne. (What did you do with that chain saw you wrote about?) I must admit I took the "flat rate" technician approach and threw a fuel pump relay at the problem based on another Carver 355 owners advise. It made sense when we discussed it. I previously bought some and had them on board. I didn't check fuel pressure or put a DMM on any pins of the relay - strictly the hang-and-hope method. It did however fix my hard hot restart condition. It may be worth trying this - the relays are relatively cheap.

United States of America
Roxanne
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1999 Carver 356

Postby Roxanne » July 16th, 2017, 9:04 pm

The Chain saw was not my fault (that's what she said!!) I was clearing a fence line in our horse pasture along a highway on a 100 acre farm we just bought. It was YEARS overdo! Mike had the tractor on one side of the fence and I was with our then 10 year old daughter on the highway side. There was a HUGE tree that had fallen on the highway side and it was our plan to pull the tree under the fence with the front end loader. Rethinking this scenario I should have been driving the tractor! As I started to put the chain around the part of the tree I could reach we decided that I was going to have to cut off a branch first. Mike handed me the chainsaw and I cut off the branch. About that time I felt sharp pains all OVER my body. I dropped the chainsaw (on my foot) and tried to focus on this pain when I realized it was ground hornets stinging me everywhere! I guess I thought that the chainsaw STOPPED moving when you stopped giving it fuel, like pushing the clutch in on the tractor stops the pto stopping the bush hog but NO, IT DOES NOT. As I decided to get the heck out of the situation, I decided that with a fence to my front, hornets to my right and a highway to my back I was going to have to run the only direction left open. As I started to give Secretariat a run for the money I saw my baby girl walking down the highway bringing us water. :-( I screamed as loud as I could, RUN!!!!! she looked at me like I was crazy :-( :-( . As I ran towards her I realized I was still being stung so it seemed like the best thing to do was to start pulling off my clothes. As Allison saw me pulling off my clothes, running down the highway she decided she should run too, maybe not for the same reason as me, but more like she thought her momma had lost her marbles. Mike could not hear a thing with the tractor running so he just watched his wife and child running down the highway stripping with no reason as to why?? He jumped off the tractor to see if he could help me but I was so much faster than him that I was already in the shower by the time he made it to the house. I had already stripped so I was ready for a shower! I was stung 17 times and cut the end of my shoe off but my foot was left unharmed. I wish I could say that Mike and Ally were the only witnesses to this craziness but a few days later I ran into the neighbor and he told me that he was on the way to town with his children the other day and saw me running down the highway in my bra, did I care to explain? I just told him he was lucky he came at that time and not a minute later. No more chain saw for me :cry:

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 17th, 2017, 9:27 am

mjk1040 wrote:Source of the post Would you know where the generator gets it's fuel by chance. I haven't traced that fuel line out yet?

We just traced out my friends 356 gen fuel line and it goes directly to a separate fitting on the port tank. He thought it went through the same filters feeding the port engine but now realizes that there's a filter on the genset that probably needs attention too.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”