Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

2008 43SS Who has one? Have question

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Ron
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 Carver 43SS

2008 43SS Who has one? Have question

Postby Ron » August 4th, 2017, 10:38 am

We have a 2008 Carver 43SS. Question is regarding the Tappan Convection/Microwave oven. The bottom element does not seem to heat up (it does not "light up" when operating). I was able to find a new, in the box, exact model to replace it. Tappan has gone out of business so can't contact them. Users manual does not address this. I'm trying out the new one on the counter in my home before installing on the boat. Same issue - the bottom heating element does not "light up". I will have to remove the refrigerator on the boat to access the electrical plug to remove and replace the microwave - so want to be sure it is the microwave oven (not the operator) before replacing it. I'm looking for another owner of the same oven that I can compare notes with before exchanging out the units. If you have the same oven, I would appreciate visiting with you here or on my private email or cell phone. Please reply.

United States of America
waybomb
CYO Moderator
CYO Moderator
Vessel Info: 1995 Boston Whaler Rage15
1987 3697 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar 46 Kevlar Vee offshore
1969 15' Glasspar / 1967 Johnson Electromatic 85
1996 Boston Whaler Rage 15

Re: 2008 43SS Who has one? Have question

Postby waybomb » August 4th, 2017, 1:15 pm

Try googling tappan (model number) manual.

I'm sure somebody out there has the manual online.

Also, appliancepartspros.com has a chat line, I believe, and they may be able to help you
Thanks
Fred
1969 Glaspar Avalon /1969 Johnson Electromatic 85
1987 Carver Mariner
1988 Cougar Kevlar 46' with triple blown 572 ci
1995 Boston Whaler Rage
Past - 1988 2807, 1989 4207 Aft

Topic author United States of America
Ron
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 Carver 43SS

Postby Ron » August 4th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Thanks, I have the manual but no mention of which element should heat under which function (microwave/convection/grill, etc). I googled Tappan, but since they are no longer in business, there is no information available. I just tried appliancepartspros.com - nothing available there. Was hoping to find someone that has the same model. It is a Tappan Model TC1050S Convection/Grill/Microwave Oven. Thanks for your suggestions!

Canada
missbehavin
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2008 43 Carver super sport, D6 diesels, IPS

Postby missbehavin » November 23rd, 2017, 12:00 am

I too have a 2008 carver 43 ss and I also have the same problem with the element in the microwave/convection not working. Where did you find your new one and did you get it to work properly? I would be happy to hear of your experiences as I will have to replace mine too.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » November 23rd, 2017, 5:04 am

As I mentioned on another post regarding combo units, they simply do not work well. I had the same unit in my 2007 which I trashed, piece of junk IMHO. There is a reason Tappan no longer exists. My advise is to replace and move on.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Boating Discussion”