Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Winding Down

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Kendaukcat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Winding Down

Postby Kendaukcat » August 7th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Good Afternoon Carvers,

My wife and I are winding down our boat search. So far the 406 is the leader in the clubhouse. Actually, this one in particular is the winning:

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... =asyachts&

I am fully aware of the surveys the boat will have to undergo during the boat buying process...but a thought I had recently is "What about the owners?"

This will be our first salt water boat. Is there any way we can test our seaworthiness before making a $100K investment? I am fairly certain I will be OK, but I worry about the wife.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to charter a carver (or similar) in the Keys? We are heading down in a couple of weeks to shop marinas and was wondering if I could do the sea test then.

Thanks in Advance,

Ken

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Winding Down

Postby Viper » August 7th, 2017, 6:21 pm

Welcome aboard. Hope everything works out for you. Keep us posted.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”