Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Midnight Sun Photos Are Up

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Midnight Sun Photos Are Up

Postby Midnightsun » October 1st, 2017, 7:40 am

My wife and I have been rather busy the last 2 seasons making the boat our own. Quite a few modifications and upgrades all done by ourselves with exception of new canvas, new cockpit vinyl and new interior carpets which were farmed out. My wife is amazing when it comes to decoration and I am quite handy. The outcome is rather stunning IMHO. Last item to complete the boat are the 4 x 50watt LED underwater lights I will mount sometime this winter/spring obviously after haul out which is scheduled for Next Wednesday. Photos can be found in the link of my signature. Enjoy. :pirate:
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Midnight Sun Photos Are Up

Postby Viper » October 1st, 2017, 8:33 am

Very nice :down: Can you provide some info on the weather station and where you got it. Was thinking of getting one for the house and for the boat but haven't found one that does much for me.

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 1st, 2017, 9:01 am

Viper wrote:Source of the post Very nice :down: Can you provide some info on the weather station and where you got it. Was thinking of getting one for the house and for the boat but haven't found one that does much for me.

I put this unit on the boat however being the boat moves, the wind direction does not read properly unless I am facing North not sure where my head was when I purchased this. That being said I would recommend it for your home though.

Here is a better unit for the boat since it does not do wind direction which IMHO can be easily seen on the flag.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 1st, 2017, 9:10 am

Thanks Hans. I take it these are battery operated and not hooked up to on-board power?

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 1st, 2017, 9:19 am

Battery is correct however if you want a lit up color display you will need power. Good news is it is a 5vdc connection. I solve this by hooking up a buck transformer hooked directly to a 12v source on board and cutting off the 110v end. Used the same method for my projection ceiling clock in the aft cabin and my 2 harmony remotes. Works like a charm.

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 1st, 2017, 9:44 pm

Good stuff Hans, that is one fine looking boat.....congratulate the better half for the decorating, very nice.....question , are you allowed in there ?? LOL... and where does one find cushions like those ...we have been looking for a while for nautical theme accents..... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
JC3
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby JC3 » October 1st, 2017, 11:37 pm

Very nicely done!!! JC

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 2nd, 2017, 5:40 am

Thanks for the compliments. :beergood:

As for the cushions, my wife is constantly on the lookout for these items along with anything in the nautical theme. Some are from Ikea, others from a store we have here called Simons and others from the net. One thing she discovered is these items are usually brought in by the handful and available for a short period of time in the spring until they are sold out. The following year a new collection is on the market.

The compass rose curtains for the AFT cabin are actually made from a shower curtain she ordered on the net.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Boating Discussion”