Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Aventus Inflatables

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Aventus Inflatables

Postby RGrew176 » February 28th, 2018, 4:40 am

My 1997 Quicksilver 330 inflatable has given up the ghost. It's leaking in a place that 2 inflatable repair shops said cannot be fixed. It is a PVC model so getting 21 years of service out of it is pretty good IMO.

Last week at the Detroit Boat Show I stopped by a couple of the vendors that were selling inflatables. I wanted to get another air floor model as I loved my air floor on the Quicksilver. Well, the vendor selling Brig did not have a model that could handle my 15 HP Mercury OB. The max HP for an air floor model Brig was 8 HP. I wanted to get a new inflatable not a new OB motor.

Then I stopped by Dinghy Concepts booth. I looked at the Achillies they sell. They are Hypalon and the one I would have needed was $2600. I then saw the Aventus models behind the Achillies. The Aventus is a PVC model that can be ordered with either a wood or air floor.

The boat show price was $1199.00 much more within my budget. I was not planning to replace my old inflatable but I guess after 21 years it's time for a new one. The only thing I don't like is it comes with only a 3 year warranty. My Quicksilver had a 5 year warranty. The air floor on that one did fail in year 4 and it was replaced without question. I pick mine up May 2nd.

Does anyone here own an Aventus inflatable? How is it holding up?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Aventus Inflatables

Postby bud37 » February 28th, 2018, 5:16 am

Cant answer about Aventus but, wow 21 years from your pvc inflatable, very impressive.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » February 28th, 2018, 6:17 am

I had a PVC model for over 20 years too but she was always under a covered slip and I used a dinghy vinyl protector type product on her about 3 times a season. There's a few on the market, probably pretty much all the same stuff. Didn't have a glued joint issue. It was still in good shape when I sold it.

United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Postby MakinTime » February 28th, 2018, 6:36 am

Never heard of that brand, but visiting the Aventus website they look like they’d be a quality dinghy. What size are you looking at? I am looking at getting a 9’ air floor at some point. I had a 12’ pvc Saturn inflatable a few years ago with a 25 hp on it and I was pretty impressed with the quality of it, for being a cheap inflatable.

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » March 1st, 2018, 5:32 am

MakinTime wrote:Source of the post Never heard of that brand, but visiting the Aventus website they look like they’d be a quality dinghy. What size are you looking at? I am looking at getting a 9’ air floor at some point. I had a 12’ pvc Saturn inflatable a few years ago with a 25 hp on it and I was pretty impressed with the quality of it, for being a cheap inflatable.

I ordered the Sam 310. It's 10' 2" long with a 5' 1" beam.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » March 1st, 2018, 5:33 am

bud37 wrote:Source of the post Cant answer about Aventus but, wow 21 years from your pvc inflatable, very impressive.

It was always stored inside except when it was being used. On my last boat I stored it in the forward berth. Not sure where I am going to store this one yet.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Return to “General Boating Discussion”