Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Security System Survey

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Security System Survey

Postby Viper » May 12th, 2018, 9:01 am

:down:

United States of America
A Lee
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 56' Voyger

Postby A Lee » May 21st, 2018, 2:04 pm

I use SimpliSafe on my boat. You can build your alarm with what components you wish to purchase. I have 3 door sensors, smoke/carbon, water sensor in bilge, and 2 freeze sensors- 1 in engine room and 1 in main cabin. I get an immediate text and email notification of any activity. I can also ck the temp sensors from my iphone. The monthly fee is 25.00 but the piece of mind is priceless. It is all wireless and installed it in :30. You can give out different entry codes ie, your service guy has a code that is unique to him, so you are notified of who entered and when left.

Topic author United States of America
denpooch
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2005 360 Mariner
Crusader 6.0 Captains Choice

Postby denpooch » May 21st, 2018, 5:08 pm

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
I have decided to go with a simple system which is a hybrid of suggestions posted by you folks.
I will use a magnet based system for the canvas on the bridge. It is wirelessly linked to a 120db siren. The salon door will also have a magnet.
I will also have a phony blinking red light on the bridge with a security sign. As we do not have wifi at the marina I don't think that I need to spend north of $200 USD for a system.
My total cost is about $35.00. We haven't had problems at the dock and I think that this simple solution will do the trick.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”