Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Costco Canada Firman 3000w Portable Generator

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Costco Canada Firman 3000w Portable Generator

Postby Midnightsun » May 24th, 2018, 4:45 am

Came across this and thought it could interest some. This is not a small portable at 84lb but non the less manageable, the reviews are good and the price is really great. Kinda big for boat use but no bigger or heavier than any other 3000w unit out there. Anyone with an RV or wanting a good sized unit for home, this is really a great buy. Costco Canada has this on sale right now and we all know how great the Costco warranty is. @ $600 for a 3000, watt inverter based unit it really is a steal. https://www.costco.ca/Firman-W03081-3%2 ... 98808.html
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Costco Canada Firman 3000w Portable Generator

Postby RGrew176 » May 25th, 2018, 3:23 am

Sounds like a pretty good deal. I have a little Honda EU2000i that I use on my boat and it will power the needed accessories here in my condo whenever the power goes out. I would like to get a bigger unit but with no basement or garage to store a larger generator in I will stick with my Honda for now.

$600 Canadian for the generator would be a pretty great deal in American $$.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Costco Canada Firman 3000w Portable Generator

Postby Midnightsun » May 25th, 2018, 6:47 am

Nothing out there can beat a Honda 2000 when it comes to practicality and reliability but the price on those have gotten out of hand and has opened a rather large market for similar quiet units. Honda was definitely the first to give us an inverter based ultra compact quiet unit with the 1000 and introduced the 2000 a couple years later. As I mentioned, Costco will take it back a year + down the road with no packaging and all busted up no questions asked so this is why it becomes such a great deal IMHO. That being said, I did order one for my shop where the guys sometimes need power when working in the yard. At home I used to have a Honda 5000 jury rigged to handle power failures. Worked well enough but I had to be there to flip breakers, fuel it up, start it up and connect it if required. I since went to a whole house 22KW automated unit which really is the best way to go.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Boating Discussion”