Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How often do you reinflate your dingy?

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

How often do you reinflate your dingy?

Postby km1125 » August 18th, 2018, 12:36 pm

OK, I'm looking for actual experience, not what a book or manual says.

How often do you have to reinflate your dingy to get it up to your desired pressure? Also include what year it is (even if just approximately) and what type (PVC vs Hypalon). I'm interested in real-world experience with a variety of dingys.

I have two, one 1994 PVC RIB that must be reinflated about every 3 days to keep it firm enough for comfortable travel I also have a 2004 Zodiac PVC SIB that needs a 'recharged' about every 7 or 8 days.

Both have had/needed various repairs to seams or patches over the years, but currently don't have any leaks that I can find with soapy water.

What about yours?

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: How often do you reinflate your dingy?

Postby bud37 » August 19th, 2018, 8:20 am

PVC.....aluminium floor.....inflatable keel...three chambers..5 years old.....bring to spec at start of season, then top up now and then when we want to go on a long run....for the most part we dont bother with airing it much, keeps its pressure pretty good so far......edit....I will add that these inflatables are very susceptible to temp changes in the tubes...... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Postby SanJuanDreamer » August 23rd, 2018, 3:32 pm

2009 WalkerBay 310flt 10ft RIB, about every 7 to 10 days.
Usually, reinflating from 3psi to 4, not much difference,

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » August 23rd, 2018, 9:12 pm

I have a 2013 mercury 270 air deck, So far only have to top it off for spring launch. Holds firm all season.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”