Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Flat Screen TV Suggestions

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Flat Screen TV Suggestions

Postby bud37 » March 1st, 2019, 7:20 am

RGrew176 wrote:Source of the post On Wednesday I walked in to Best Buy. The LG 65" OLED TV was marked down to $1949.99. I went back on Thursday and bought it. It will be delivered next Wednesday. Time will tell if it was a good decision or not.

Rick, you putting that in the boat ???... :-O
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 2nd, 2019, 2:02 am

bud37 wrote:Source of the post
RGrew176 wrote:Source of the post On Wednesday I walked in to Best Buy. The LG 65" OLED TV was marked down to $1949.99. I went back on Thursday and bought it. It will be delivered next Wednesday. Time will tell if it was a good decision or not.

Rick, you putting that in the boat ???... :-O

No, but my son thinks I should move my 51" Samsung that I currently own onto the boat. Would definitely make for conversation, that's for sure. I could move it onboard for the season I guess. Probably not going to happen though.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » March 2nd, 2019, 11:32 am

Rick, I agree with your your son. You could hang it from just inside your aft curtain up top, park in slip stern first, and then host movie night at the marina. :popcorn: Just imagine all the bugs you could attract with a big bright screen. Your snack budget would be reduced with all that free protein! Could be worth some laughs! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » March 3rd, 2019, 11:44 am

Cooler wrote:Source of the post Rick, I agree with your your son. You could hang it from just inside your aft curtain up top, park in slip stern first, and then host movie night at the marina. :popcorn: Just imagine all the bugs you could attract with a big bright screen. Your snack budget would be reduced with all that free protein! Could be worth some laughs! 8-) er

That is an idea. I think I will pass though. :captain2:
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » March 7th, 2019, 3:28 am

That TV is now sitting in my living room. Just the first day but only one word can describe the picture. WOW. I watched a couple of You Tube 4K videos and the 4K experience is awesome. The fact that they marked it down to $1949.99 made my decision to go ahead and purchase the TV an easy one.

I went back to Best Buy yesterday and it was marked back up to $2799.99. Only time will tell if I made a good decision. At this time I think I did especially at the price I ended up buying it for.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Return to “General Boating Discussion”