Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Which One

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Which One

Postby RGrew176 » May 12th, 2019, 8:54 pm

There is much to think about here. It's the fun factor that makes a PWC somewhat attractive. I generally took my boat out at least once every week last season. Not every trip was a trip around the island but it did add up. Since I don't know that much about the mechanicals of a PWC my leaning is towards new. I will look at used as an option.

Buying new I know what I have from day one. I will know how it has been treated and maintained. That said if a good deal on a used one jumps out at me I will consider. Here in Michigan those good deals do pop up at the end of the season so I will keep my eyes open.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » May 13th, 2019, 11:29 am

Have you considered a Jet Boat. I had a Sea Doo Speedster for a few years and they are a lot of fun, quick and hold 4 people. Sea Doo does not manufacture them anymore. I traded that in on a 2015 Scarab 165 Impulse HO with the supercharger. They are a bit heavier (200 Lbs) than the Sea Doo, but they use the Sea Doo Rotex engine with there own hull design. This goes like a scalded cat and holds 5 people, 2 or 3 people is perfect. I find them very reliable and have had no issues thus far with either machine. My wife prefers the Jet Boat over the Jet Ski, as you sit in it as opposed to on it. They are great if you need to carry anything like a cooler or shopping bags. Both of these machines hold their value and have not depreciated much over the years. I have always purchased mine brand new at the Toronto Boat show, as you get a better deal, plus a 5 year warranty. You can save a bit of money in the used market and you may luck out with someone who has the remainder of a 5 year warranty. It just depends on what you need it for and what you like. Just another option to look at. Happy hunting.

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » May 14th, 2019, 1:43 am

Pretty much set on a PWC if I choose to get another toy. I have my Carver and an Aventus inflatable boat. If I get the urge to go for a ride in a jet boat my brother has one. We'll see as anything can happen.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “General Boating Discussion”