Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Kudos to this forum and all who participate!

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Kudos to this forum and all who participate!

Postby tomschauer » September 11th, 2019, 12:54 am

I would just like to let everyone know that I appreciate all members of this forum.
So many other forums can be helpful, but many members get into unbelievable arguments with useless threads that go on and on for months. What a waste of everyone's time!
I am a member of a couple of these other forums, but rarely ever offer an opinion or idea as I am not looking to be beat up for several weeks or longer if someone doesn't agree.
This doesn't happen here. We offer opinions and ideas for our members and everyone seems to truly want to help others.

Kudos to you all!!!!

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Kudos to this forum and all who participate!

Postby RGrew176 » September 11th, 2019, 1:29 am

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. You're correct in that in many other forums members can argue about trivial stuff or how to accomplish a task.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » September 11th, 2019, 6:04 am

Yup, Here it's all about helping each other and listening to different opinions . Love It!!!!!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » September 11th, 2019, 8:07 am

Thanks for bringing that up Tom. We truly are undoubtedly the go-to place for Carver advise. Do a Google search on a subject and one of our threads is likely to show up on the first page. That's a testament to the variety of topics and solutions that have helped countless people. As a result, our corner of the web continues to grow at a decent pace.

A special thanks to our forum sponsors, creators, and administrators, we couldn't do it without you. :down:

Keep up the good work everyone.

Topic author United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » September 11th, 2019, 10:42 am

I was looking at a forum the other day that starts and ends with "t". One thread had I don't know how many pages of bashing someone. Maybe they did something dumb, but how can you spend that kind of time beating on someone is beyond me.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » September 11th, 2019, 10:43 am

Well said guys.. :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » September 11th, 2019, 3:03 pm

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post I was looking at a forum the other day that starts and ends with "t". One thread had I don't know how many pages of bashing someone. Maybe they did something dumb, but how can you spend that kind of time beating on someone is beyond me.

I've moved away from several forums because of that. And when you try to calm things down, it's perceived as taking sides and suddenly you're the bad guy for not participating in the bashing. I remember a bunch of us doing that in kindergarten! The surprising thing is that I'm sure the people that run those forums are able to minimize such banter but it seems they simply choose to allow it. I don't need it so I've moved on.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » September 12th, 2019, 1:32 am

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post I was looking at a forum the other day that starts and ends with "t". One thread had I don't know how many pages of bashing someone. Maybe they did something dumb, but how can you spend that kind of time beating on someone is beyond me.

We all make mistakes or do perhaps the wrong thing. Bashing someone makes that person less apt to ask questions or post their mistakes or misadventures in the future. Sad part about that is others make make the same mistake again. By bashing someone the bashers prevent a learning experience for some other novice or less knowledgeable boater.

Bashing accomplishes nothing. It's pretty much the same thing as bullying. I have in the past posted my mistakes or errors in judgement with the hope that it will save someone else from making the same mistake I did. Like my Grandfather once told me the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. We all learn from our own experiences and if we choose the experiences of others.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » September 12th, 2019, 7:13 am

A couple things I have noticed.......the amount of people contributing the give and the take has increased from the small base we had, which is great to see......more opinions and wider based experience, knowledge.
The other is we have had only a few folk that were drowning lures so to speak.. :-D ...which I believe is where a lot of the trouble comes from.....anyway good stuff, this is the only forum I belong to and participate, it was buying another Carver that got me here....so until this boat goes, thanks to everyone..... :down:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » September 12th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Well said all! We all have a common passion and therefore are united in our journey. In addition, we can all laugh at ourselves, and therefore we are united in our journey. Be good to everybody, respect everybody, and pay it forward! It comes back to us 10 fold. As we all know, similar problems can have many different causes/remedies. That is why all these perspectives are so valuable! Thanks to all, and maintain the mission! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “General Boating Discussion”