Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Schematics of systems

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Gazookas
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver 3607

Schematics of systems

Postby Gazookas » October 5th, 2019, 12:45 am

Seriously...my boat owner's manual is a POS (piece o shit). Don't know what they were thinking in the 80s (mine is a 1983 3607) but it's f'd up. No schematics at all. I don't even know where my batteries are. Sad to say. Any help out there
???

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Schematics of systems

Postby g36 » October 5th, 2019, 12:09 pm

My suggestion would be to open every compartment poke around with a flashlight and make note if what you find. You'll be more familiar with your boat than checking any drawing. My 405 manual is pretty worthless except for a few pages in it. The owners manual is more of a generalization than real schematics. I do have some dc and ac drawings but location wize its not extremely detailed. My f32 trojan manual on the other hand was very detailed , may contact carver with your hull i.d. if no one with your exact model chimes in.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » October 5th, 2019, 3:37 pm

I haven't seen many OEMs equip vessels with wiring schematics. They may supply a simple diagram but routing, plug locations, colour codes, and numbering, etc. are usually reserved for shops and found in Service/Dealer manuals rather than Owner's manual which are usually very generalized in nature.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 5th, 2019, 6:23 pm

Gazookas wrote:Source of the post Seriously...my boat owner's manual is a POS (piece o shit). Don't know what they were thinking in the 80s (mine is a 1983 3607) but it's f'd up. No schematics at all. I don't even know where my batteries are. Sad to say. Any help out there
???

Considering your boat is 36 with who knows how many previous owners.....original owner manuals are usually useless for the most part, there is no telling what previous people have done/upgraded/rerouted etc.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
buster53
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2001, Carver 356

Postby buster53 » October 5th, 2019, 7:59 pm

G36 has it right. Forget an owner's manual...get a good flashlight and open anything and everything that can be opened including drawers and underneath bed mattresses. Be aware that Carver is famous for putting bilge openings in hidden, out of the way spots.
When you open your engine hatches, most likely the batteries will be mounted between the engines, maybe covered up with a board. Find all your thru hulls, strainers, bilge pumps and sump pumps. Clean out your sumps as they are probably gross looking.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » October 6th, 2019, 9:26 pm

I have an 83 3607 as well. My batteries are in between the motors underneath that plywood plank that sits over the stringers.

I also have the wiring diagrams that were in the owners manual. I can scan them in and send them to you as a PDF.

They are pretty good, but realize that previous owners may have made MANY modifications since that boat was built!

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » October 8th, 2019, 11:07 am

Just call Carver with your hull #. They are very supportive and will provide you with anything they may still have in their resource library. I have had great experiences with them! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “General Boating Discussion”