Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fuel Degradation Ethanol vs Non Ethanol vs Stabilizer

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

United States of America
Petemait
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1983 Carver Riviera

Re: Fuel Degradation Ethanol vs Non Ethanol vs Stabilizer

Postby Petemait » July 23rd, 2021, 10:13 am

Hey Bud,
The fresh fuel has definitely made a difference. I had to change the filter again, and expect to have to a couple more times in the next few weeks. Getting a fuel truck seems unlikely, unfortunately.
I think i am going to still add some fuel stabilizer even though this guy said not to. We only use the boat once a week and that is a long time for the fuel to sit.
I am going to take his advice though and only add 25 gallons or so per tank at fill up.
Pete

1983 Riviera 2807

Boston, MA

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Fuel Degradation Ethanol vs Non Ethanol vs Stabilizer

Postby Viper » July 23rd, 2021, 8:02 pm

Petemait wrote:Source of the post.... I am going to take his advice though and only add 25 gallons or so per tank at fill up.
Don't forget the three thirds rule for the minimum quantity you need; one third to get to your destination, one third to get back, and one third for reserve in case you run into undesirable conditions that might result in additional fuel use.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”