Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Marina Closed due to Covid -19 !

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Canada
uchu
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 2767 - Twin Mercruisers 4.3LX with Alpha-One drives

Re: Marina Closed due to Covid -19 !

Postby uchu » May 21st, 2021, 4:38 pm

SunsetSteve wrote:Source of the post My Ontario marina just notified me that as of this weekend they are open for business. :captain: :drunk:

The marina we have our boat at (South Lake Simcoe) told us they won't be open until June 2nd... :banghead:

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 31st, 2021, 3:04 pm

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post Spoke to the harbour master and he said Quebecers are allowed through to go to their boats. Have a good friend of mine that is going to Ontario on Saturday as a mechanic. He said he would ask the question directly to the police at the border if one can come up just to enjoy the boat if one has a seasonal dock in Ontario. Will see what he comes back with.

The Ontario government announced Thursday the stay-at-home order will remain in effect until June 2. The stay-at-home order includes restricted travel from Quebec into Ontario

https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/ottawa-police ... -1.5426997

Just checked for our upcoming trip to Quebec and it looks like the June 2nd opening of the border is moved to June 16th.....starting to get close to our trip date.....what are you hearing Hans?
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » May 31st, 2021, 3:20 pm

Hearing the same, June 16th. Went to the boat on Saturday from Quebec to Ontario. Police asked what I was doing, told them I was going to work on my boat, no problem. Asked him if once launched can I still go to my boat. He answered just say you will be working on the boat and no issue, work being the key word. I then told him it is a rather large boat and we use it as our summer cottage to which he replied, just say you are going to your cottage.

I cannot see Ontario or Quebec having set up water way patrol to stop boats from crossing however this may be the case. Just say you are going to have work done on your boat at some marina not far from you. ;-)

One side of the river is Quebec, the other Ontario and in some cases the US, no way can they watch the imaginary line between the 2.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
pepmyster
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
8.1 Volvo Penta
Fresh water boating

Postby pepmyster » May 31st, 2021, 4:52 pm

True about the cross checking. Went to Montreal on Friday, no check, come back to Ontario, check point. They just flagged us through. True about saying work or going to the cottage. Lots of RCMP and OPP on the water ways but they are looking for party boats.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 1st, 2021, 7:51 am

Clarification needed here in the states. Is the whole Canadian border closed to those of us from the states or just the Ontario border?
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » June 1st, 2021, 8:00 am

Unless you are an essential service, Americans will be refused entry to Canada in all provinces and the same goes for Canadians travelling to the US. They have once again extended this to June 21 but keep in mind they have been extending this every month for over a year now. I do hear talk about possible opening up of travel for those who have 2 covid shots but this is not even close to happening IMHO.
https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel ... e-extended
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » June 1st, 2021, 8:57 am

Midnightsun wrote:Source of the post Unless you are an essential service, Americans will be refused entry to Canada in all provinces and the same goes for Canadians travelling to the US. They have once again extended this to June 21 but keep in mind they have been extending this every month for over a year now. I do hear talk about possible opening up of travel for those who have 2 covid shots but this is not even close to happening IMHO.
https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel ... e-extended

Thanks for taking time to answer my query. I have had both of my shots so hopefully some time in the near future I can come over again.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » June 1st, 2021, 10:09 pm

I have been hearing mixed bits from the Manitoba/Ontario border. Some cottagers get through to do work but others are being turned back. Our boat is hopefully being moved from Manitoba to Ontario mid-June which is when the border is supposed to open!! Here's hoping. Both of us have had first doses. Not sure when we can get our second.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”