Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Marina Closed due to Covid -19 !

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Marina Closed due to Covid -19 !

Postby RGrew176 » April 19th, 2020, 1:52 am

My marina is open in sense that the area where the boats are stored is open and accessable. I drove through my marina today on my way to the grocery store. There were a few people working on their boats.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
89Convert
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2002 356 Carver

Postby 89Convert » May 13th, 2020, 6:50 am

C-19 Update here in WI/IL
Get this, I live in WI and my boat is in, However, I'm selling that boat (offer in hand) and bought my Carver in Chicago. In Chicago, things are still locked-down until 6/1, boat is in dry-dock, so all I can do is wait. UGH Politics.... :censored:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » May 13th, 2020, 9:48 am

This Covid 19 situation is causing a lot of lost time in many aspects of life. In reality here in S/E Michigan while Covid has caused some lost time boating wise it's really been the weather that has kept many of us dockside if we are in the water.

Things are looking up. Supposed to start warming up as of today. There's even a couple of 80* days coming up for us.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » May 13th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Got my boat in the water yesterday. They let us work on any of the boats stored outside (luckily) but for the folks in heated storage they can't get in to do any prep. They get assigned a launch time/date based on where they are in the building and if they're not ready they have to pay to have the boat re-blocked outside on that day, then wait for a later date for launch.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » May 14th, 2020, 10:38 am

km1125 wrote:Source of the post Got my boat in the water yesterday. They let us work on any of the boats stored outside (luckily) but for the folks in heated storage they can't get in to do any prep. They get assigned a launch time/date based on where they are in the building and if they're not ready they have to pay to have the boat re-blocked outside on that day, then wait for a later date for launch.

Congrats on the launch. Bummer for those inside.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 14th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Official.....our marina is open to the boaters starting on May 16th at 10am.......we can now start, very carefully though.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » May 14th, 2020, 4:22 pm

Heading up to Driftwood Cove on Saturday morning to take cover off and charge the batteries. If we get warm temps, it will mean two days of compound/wax in prep for a May 30th splash date. :down: It has been too cool to wax up till now anyway.

Looking forward to going up and getting stuff done. Just need top stay away from folks at this point and be very careful. May still have a beer, not a Corona, lol.

Greg

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » May 14th, 2020, 8:21 pm

Our boat was launched and put into the slip today. Due to restrictions, I was not able to clean and wax the topsides. It will be done in the water this year. At least its in! :clap:
We have had evening temps in the 30's the last couple days. 84 for a high tomorrow, 80 on Saturday. What a change.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 21st, 2020, 6:47 pm

Sitting here today watching all the boaters return to their marina slips in a thunderstorm, good to see......just a nice hot Sunday afternoon. Wish that was us out there.
Who would have thought that just a short while ago all the marinas were closed etc......Today, the sight of all the boats floating at their slips is surprising to me as I for one did not expect to see this many boats in this year.

There are a few still in the parking lots though, but not nearly as many as I would have guessed. It almost looks like any other year. There have been some red flags just this past week though, with some cases in our area increasing. Many folk have masks on when out and about, us included, but as observed, many at the marina seem to have become lax about the distancing now......

I sure hope all this goes well, including our boat sale...... :popcorn:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 21st, 2020, 9:36 pm

Not nearly as many boats out on the water that there would usually be at this time of year. Enjoy while we can, the days are getting shorter from here on!

Return to “General Boating Discussion”