Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Back Deck Cover

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Hoover33
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1989 3467 Santego

Back Deck Cover

Postby Hoover33 » June 25th, 2020, 9:37 pm

Hi and Please Help!
I may be worried about nothing but I really think I need a cover to enclose my sliding glass door on my 1989 Carver 3467 due to the angle of the door. I am worried about rain getting in the boat if we get caught out on the hook. Can ANYONE tell me if I am overreacting or is there a cover I can get that will go over the entrance door?

Thanks for ANY input.

Wm. Brown 1989 Carver 3467 Santego
:usa:

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: Back Deck Cover

Postby Cooler » June 26th, 2020, 9:54 am

I have never had an issue with rain hitting my doors, and subsequently leaking into the salon. I do have a cover over the doors that was provided by Carver. Would be really easy to make one. Get some material, cut in two halves, connect with zippers, and attach to fiberglass edge outside the door with snaps or twist tabs. You may be overreacting a little, but I like my cover. PM me your cell, and I will send some pics. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “General Boating Discussion”