Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Don't Have to pretend anymore

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

Don't Have to pretend anymore

Postby Jangocat » July 9th, 2020, 10:31 pm

Well we no longer have to pretend. Put the boat in the water yesterday for a shake down. All the systems worked except the toilet would not suck flushing water in. That's just minor. Think that the previous owner left a repair kit on board. The Port engine is still trying to get me. the ignition switch stuck a little but seems to have straightened up. I thought that we might have trouble launching but with my 18" extended stinger it floated off and upon retrieval I used my 32" extend stinger and we just floated it on which made the Admiral very happy since she didn't have to try and drive it on. Now it's mostly putting shelves in the bilge areas for storage, sliding doors across the deck access and working on the trim tabs and tweaking the trailer. Also need to replace the fuel pump in our 5hp Nissan outboard. A fairly uneventful trip except for the boat in the slip next to us sinking. The last picture is the boat that sank next to us.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Re: Don't Have to pretend anymore

Postby g36 » July 9th, 2020, 11:31 pm

Very nice pics except that last one. Looks like a nice area for boating.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1975 28' Carver Santa Cruz, Flybridge,twin 302 Waukasha inboards, shaft drive

Postby Jangocat » July 10th, 2020, 12:23 am

It's a local reservoir on the Snake River run by Idaho Power Company. About a two hour drive over freeway and good secondary roads. there's another reservoir about 30 minutes away but it tends to get crowed and we wanted calm for our first put in after 5 years of projects. Got a good ramp and isn't too crowded during the week. Jim

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » July 10th, 2020, 6:50 am

She looks better in the water :down:

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 10th, 2020, 8:20 am

Nice pictures (yes, except for the last one!). Looks like a great relaxing place!!

On that 5hp motor, if it's the 4 stroke you can take those fuel pumps apart and clean then easily. You can also flip over the plastic 'valves' inside for a fresh surface and usually they work like new for quite a while.

Jangocat
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Jangocat » July 10th, 2020, 9:17 am

I've got a new one coming was $28 I couldn't buy a rebuild kit for that. I'll try your fix and keep one as a spare. Thanks, Jim

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » July 10th, 2020, 10:35 pm

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. Hope there is a happy ending to the boat that sank.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “General Boating Discussion”