Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Tiny Portable Fridge/Freezer

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Tiny Portable Fridge/Freezer

Postby Midnightsun » October 24th, 2020, 1:11 pm

Came across this, for the price it is a bargain. A little over $150US delivered. Compressor driven and can freeze down to -20. Not sure what we will use it for but I am sure it will come in handy. It is rather small however it can hold 9 bottles of wine. :-D Runs of 12v or 120v

Ordered one from the US warehouse and had it shipped to my brothers house in NH. Shipping is 4-6 days.

Cannot comment as I do not have it yet and do not expect my brother to bring it down before mid December.

Have ordered several times in the past from Banggood, never an issue.

https://www.banggood.com/IMars-C20-20L- ... ehouse=USA
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Canada
SunsetSteve
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 83 Carver Riviera 28
76 Albin 25 (outgoing)

Re: Tiny Portable Fridge/Freezer

Postby SunsetSteve » October 24th, 2020, 4:24 pm

I wonder whether that would fit in the "dry bar" at the co-pilot seat in my Riviera 28. That would be a nice addition. Let us know how it works out.

Topic author Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Tiny Portable Fridge/Freezer

Postby Midnightsun » February 12th, 2021, 6:04 am

These units work great. Drops from room temp to -19C in about 15 minutes. Weigh little, about 15 lbs and are almost dead silent when running. Dropped one into the rear under floor compartment of my Tesla just for shits and giggles, holy crap it actually fit very well. Price has gone up substantially and is now only available from the China warehouse. There is an app that you can download to control/monitor temps via bluetooth that works very well. This will be a very nice addition to Midnight Sun.

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Boating Discussion”