Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver closing?

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

United States of America
jspin101
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 Carver 41 CMY w/ 2006 Volvo D6 370I-B's

Re: Carver closing?

Postby jspin101 » July 14th, 2021, 5:20 am

I tried to email Brian V from the Parts Dept last week and never got a reply or bounced email.
Brian & Pat have been so helpful in the past, they'll be sadly missed.
I just went online to look for the 2005 41CMY parts list but didn't find it.
Does anyone have this?
Hopefully someone would pick this up. There's a lot of us out here.
Sad times.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » July 14th, 2021, 10:12 am

At some point, the operation will transition to a Cruisers Yachts manufacturing facility. Chances are, there will be a return to active status of staff who have been impacted by this multi step ownership change. As soon as I get confirmation the reorg is complete, I plan to drive out there and see if I can re-establish connections with these guys, and attempt a proposal to keep our communication line available. It makes a lot of sense for CYC to accommodate us, with an international group of more than 7,000 members, especially seeing as we are boat owners and will likely be updating & upgrading as the years go by. While I am close to the previous owner of CYC, I don't know any key individuals from Marine-Max. Issues related to a simple transfer of files are, Carver has ownership records embedded in the same files that host the historical info, creating a privacy challenge. More to come. As things progress, I will start a new topic to inform all of you. Keep the faith, be positive, "everything is going to be OK", Bob Marley says so. More to come! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Postby km1125 » July 14th, 2021, 11:28 am

I'm still wondering about the comments from back when Cruisers purchased the facility. They specifically said they weren't purchasing the IP of Carver or Marquis, only the physical assets of the building and tools. So I wonder what the former owner (who, presumably still has that IP) plans to do with that stuff?

Canada
uchu
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1988 Carver Santego 2767 - Twin Mercruisers 4.3LX with Alpha-One drives

Postby uchu » July 16th, 2021, 9:27 am

It seems that their website has been abandoned and it's now uncertified. What a shame! :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » July 16th, 2021, 10:14 am

The owner of those files would be the estate of the previous owner, or the LLC they established. Seeing as he passed several years ago, they are probably just shutting everything down to settle and close estate. I do have another connection point, I work very part time with a previous Carver gen mgr. He can probably get me in touch with Brian and/or Pat. More to come. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » July 16th, 2021, 10:14 am

site is still up though, only the S in https is 'gone'.

I am downloading all pdf's for safekeeping. It's not big in size so I suppose the forum can host them.

If that's legally a challenge we'll figure a different way to help current and new owners with completing the documentation on the yacht they own and on which the paperwork got lost over the years.

brochures, parts and specifications, manuals are the pages I collect. Perhaps with the knowledge on this forum we can put together something that makes sense to a new owner. Because some hardware may be used in various models and various models may have changes over the years that apply to others too.

I'd like forummers to be able to click on their year and download a pack of documents. Rather than having to search through all kinds of ad-infested, half witted, incomplete websites to collect some basic information that was provided by the factory in the first place.

(but I'm also not looking for a pile of emails requesting things like 'do you have the manual for model x from year y' for me to do the leg work. ;-)
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » July 16th, 2021, 11:45 am

Hopefully there is more to come.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Postby CYO Admin » July 17th, 2021, 5:43 am

As soon as someone gathers everything together let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » July 17th, 2021, 8:23 am

It's not even 4Gb zipped. So now what can we do to make it practically usable. Preferably a way that allows those with the knowledge on types and versions to help with getting the right documents linked to the right boats.

is a wiki section feasible? (did not look into it yet)
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » July 18th, 2021, 3:57 pm

There is one thing I have noticed over the years.....Even if you have a newer boat, some of the older user manuals had a lot more info and explanations of systems and boat operation in them that I think would help new boaters to understand their boats better. One I had even had the distributor advance curves in it......strictly old school now ... :-D

This is still an important resource to hang onto if liability allows....
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”