Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Master suite hatch on C40

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
Swish
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2019 C40

Master suite hatch on C40

Postby Swish » November 17th, 2021, 9:31 pm

Okay probably a stupid question, but for the life of me I cannot find any information on how to open the hatch in the Master suite on 2019 C40. There is a retractable screen preventing access to the levers to open the hatch. One direction of "retraction" is a screen, the other is a shade. This seems to be a contiguous scrolling feature with no means that I can tell to open it to get access to the hatch opening levers. There is no mention of this in the owner's manual.

Thanks.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Re: Master suite hatch on C40

Postby Midnightsun » November 18th, 2021, 5:18 am

The screen and shade are simply held together with magnets. Maybe stuck a little since they have never been opened? A little coaxing should separate them. ;-)
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “General Boating Discussion”