Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Dock Water Problem

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
ShipZone
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 3207 Aft Cabin

Dock Water Problem

Postby ShipZone » January 12th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Hello...I own a 1986 3207 purchased in May...the boat is located in Baltimore....I have the boat in the water for the winter...engines are winterized....water systems are not as we visit the boat on weekends...space heaters are running in the cabin all the time....I monitor cabin temperature remotely via a WIFI camera...although I disconnect the dock water hose when not there, apparently the recent extreme cold damaged the water system right below the dock water intake value...you can hear the water running and the bilge pump kicks in...can anyone tell me how to access this hose and the best way to repair it? thank you!!

SHEMP
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 CARVER 456 MY
Full Bridge and aft deck enclosure
Originally purchased in Staten Island
Second owner also purchased in Staten Island in 2012
Now berthed in Toronto Canada
A wonderful and fully appointed luxury yacht.

Re: Dock Water Problem

Postby SHEMP » January 12th, 2014, 9:56 pm

Hi there
If you have turned off the dock water, your Bilge pump will take care of the spill. I presume your water tank is empty and has Pink Non Toxic antifeeze in it.
You can access the water line from the outside by unscrewing the Dockside water connector , 4 screws . There should be enough slack in the tubing that you should be able to pull it out to look inside.
Follow that back to the inside and there should be an access hatch nearby .
In my opinion , leave it alone for the rest of the winter and fix it in the spring time.
Bring fresh water to the boat in a big jug ,7 gallons is a lot of water for weekend use. You aren't bathing , you just use it for drinking water and hand washing , correct?

I live aboard year round in Toronto Canada and this last week we had temps as low as minus 6 Fahrenheit .
I have cabin heaters and agitators setup and bilges heated . Engines and genny winterized.
It was a scary week and would not recommend leaving your boat unattended.
I hope that helps you .
Victor

Topic author United States of America
ShipZone
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 3207 Aft Cabin

Re: Dock Water Problem

Postby ShipZone » January 12th, 2014, 11:02 pm

Victor...thanks for the response....any suggestions on how to repair the hose once I pull it out?....this was a 20 year freeze for the Baltimore area...normally very temperate winters....I do like to have full water usage during the winter...shower, etc....you mentioned the holding tank...that is full...no winterization...although the pump is not working...another problem....in regards to leaving the boat unattended...as mentioned....I do have a WIFI camera monitoring the cabin and temperature.....if that dipped I can drive there (2 hours) or make a phone call to one of my boat neighbors....what kind of cabin heaters do you use?....thanks again.... Pete

Return to “General Boating Discussion”