Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Home Theater in 1996 38 Santigo

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
Vetterman
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Home Theater in 1996 38 Santigo

Postby Vetterman » February 21st, 2014, 5:41 pm

Looks like the wife and I are going to get a 1996 38 santigo and it currently has an older small tube TV in the "hole" that made sence for such TV's in the mid 90's and will be replacing that with a new flatscreen but was wondering about a sound system.

Is there a car audio deck that anyone has ever installed that has HDMI (I know all of them have RCA inputs) or something similar so my TV sound comes through the multiple speakers in the boat??

Would look nice and be cleaner then trying to jam a standard home reciever deck into some cubby hole.

Also - (and as I am new to boats) I assume whatever current sound system is in the main salon (I did not see a seperate sound deck on the flybridge) that the sound comes through all speakers everywhere on the boat including the bridge - or is that commomly set up as an A and B system where you can select what zone or area you want to hear.

Thanks

Dave

United States of America
Solana
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 38' Carver Santego - Complete refit 2016/2017

Re: Home Theater in 1996 38 Santigo

Postby Solana » March 13th, 2014, 1:00 am

No too savvy about electronics but we simply have a car stereo deck mounted on the bulkhead and when I want music on the bridge and NOT inside we simply switch the FADE from left to right respectively.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”