Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

macerator power

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
BRHEAUME
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 355

macerator power

Postby BRHEAUME » June 27th, 2022, 12:27 pm

Hello, all.
I'm having an issue with power to my aft cabin head macerator and waste tank level display. I'm thinking they are both on the same circuit, as they both cut out at the same time. Additional to the breaker in the power control box, is there anywhere else to check? I don't recall Carver using fuses, after the breakers.

Thanks.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: macerator power

Postby Viper » June 27th, 2022, 9:57 pm

Is there a toilet control panel next to the toilet? What type of toilet are we talking about here; Vacuflush, Raritan Crown,...? When you say macerator, are you talking about the macerator for overboard discharge or are you referring to the toilet?

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Re: macerator power

Postby tomschauer » June 27th, 2022, 10:23 pm

It's possible that you have a relay installed in your system that cuts power to the toilet is the tank is full.
If it's the original install, you should have separate breakers for forward and aft heads, and forward and aft waste tank monitors, total of four breakers. I didn't think that when the high level cut off relay was installed, that it would also shut of your red "full" light, but it may.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”