Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boats once owned ??

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Boats once owned ??

Postby bud37 » August 7th, 2022, 11:44 am

How many of you have come across , by chance, boats you once owned in for sale ads, you tube videos or walks around marinas etc.

Years ago we were on a cruise on Lake Ontario and came across the hardtop boat we had sold to get the one we were on the cruise in, There it was at the marina we had the pig roast at...... Just the other day I watched a YT video on Georgian bay and there beside the cruising video boat was docked our old F32 ( should have kept that one ). I have seen the old Carver ( the one at the pig roast ) for sale many times even went to look at it.....was just the same as when we sold it at Crates in 95. Not long ago that hardtop was for sale, looked at that one too, just the same as 88.... :-O

Got me to thinking whether this happens to other folk as well....it will be interesting to hear some stories.... :popcorn:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Boats once owned ??

Postby km1125 » August 7th, 2022, 1:50 pm

I've tried to find my older boats. Was successful only once and it was only a few years after I sold it. I thought I knew the marina where the new owner was moving to, so I'd swing by there every now and then to look. Finally saw it in the slip, but was disappointed because it had started to fall into disrepair.

I also tried to track down a boat my dad had when I was a kid, but I knew that would be a LONG shot that it might still be around. Never did find it, nor even could figure out what brand/model it was.

United States of America
Carpe Diem
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby Carpe Diem » August 8th, 2022, 9:27 pm

Two weeks after we traded our 08 Rinker 350 in on our Sea Ray 44DB we made a cruise down the river 25 miles to Benicia and spent the night on the guest dock. In the morning while enjoying a cup of jo on the bridge I noticed a familiar looking boat pull up to the dock. It was our 350. I introduced myself as the prior owner while at the same time wondering how smart that was... He said "great to meet you, I've got a few questions for you!" Luckily they were simple, what does this switch do questions. Unfortunately a 8 months later I had a grounding incident and ended up on the hard for repair. My old RInker was also in the yard on blocks with major damage to his drives. Have not seen it since.

Canada
Grafunkus
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1982 33' Carver Mariner
1985 3607 Carver Aft Cabin

Postby Grafunkus » August 9th, 2022, 11:44 am

Funny story - I am now a retired insurance broker. A number of years ago, I was purging files and came across a claim for a 19?? Lightning (day sail boat). The sail number was listed in the file. Confirmed with another family member. This had been the boat that my parents had bought to start sailing on. It would have been sold in 1972/3 when they bought a 27' O'Day. It was an interesting feeling coming across that info, a little sad that it was a total loss.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » August 10th, 2022, 4:42 pm

Good stories.....here is another......just today I was looking at a local sales site and there was our original boat for sale again by the same person that got it from us 27 years ago.......same interior, cushions, bridge cushions, drapes even a bar plaque.....good grief ... :-O .....dare I go check it out......HMMMMMMM!!!
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”