Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

New Caver - where to put the name

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
five0clock
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: Carver 564CPMY

New Caver - where to put the name

Postby five0clock » November 1st, 2022, 12:24 pm

hey, I purchased a Carver 564 cockpit yacht a few weeks ago and can not figure out where to put the name and hailing port. The back of the boat has built in dock boxes, so I think I may have to go with very small lettering. Does anyone have this type of vessel and can shoot me a picture of the transom?
Screenshot_20221101_122139_Messages.jpg

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: New Caver - where to put the name

Postby bud37 » November 1st, 2022, 1:06 pm

Heh there....have a look at your model boat on yacht world....there are a few options back there that look fine and may give you some ideas of how the go.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Netherlands
Phrancus
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: Sold: Carver 26 Command Bridge / 280 sedan 1992.

Postby Phrancus » November 1st, 2022, 1:25 pm

Oh dear, don't get me started on design, fonts, positioning, image.... lovely projects!

I had it all figured out for my '92 26/28 fly and never got round to having it printed and sticking it on. (due to mechanical maintenance to be covered first)

It all depends on what you want to shout out to the viewer.

I wanted a sleek, classy, designed look. So I opted to blatandly semi-copy Porsche partly: I had a waterline with the brand/type/model in a line just above the waterline at the back. (Porsche font is broad and sleek, can't show this here, but look at a 199x model's stern and you get my idea)

And I found that a boat name would not 'work' up front as the hull has quite a concave/convex bend. So I opted for more logo and less name. I designed a logo from the name, (also good if you really get on with it and get towels/carpet/caps) so I could place it under the original 'carver' aluminium letters on the sides.

Sold the boat, kept the name, kept the designs. Looking for a boat to make it real :blush:

However, my point is that you can do a lot more to tilt YOUR boat apart from the many who just order a name online in microshaft 1990 handwriting font and stick it on the back with a bit of angle that shows you don't know what waterlevel means.

make sure you get your local sticker shop to use the material that withstands UV and water.

Polish first, stick and then seal with wax. Lasts forever.

Next boat... same name, same logo, towels/napkins/cups/carpets... it just works like super-luxury if you get that (for little money in fact). I will consider a more radical approach next time: vertical oversized for example. In the right colours that does not shout 'meathead!' but it shows modern, style, design.

Conclusion and my two cents: spend the winter designing, get crazy, make it YOURs: There are so many white plastic boats with huge tents and dark windows to separate real people from their preceived groomed images.....
Share your Carver experiences, share marine life. Donate when you can but post what your Carver adds to your life too!

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » November 2nd, 2022, 6:49 am

I would think the large middle transom locker door would be a good spot.

Are those people standing under the boat in slings without being blocked first? :-O As a Travel Lift operator, that is a big no no.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » November 2nd, 2022, 11:13 am

Yep! That is a good way to see if your head can support the weight of a boat, or stop one from a little swing!

Depending on what her name is going to be, you can also opt to display on port and/or starboard sides. Congrats on purchase! Great boat! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United Arab Emirates
soniaqueen
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog

Postby soniaqueen » October 31st, 2023, 3:13 pm

To make your modern home cozy and fashionable, choose the right carpet. Dubai is well-known for its beautiful interior design. There is always a strong need for high-quality home carpets. The new carpets are soft to walk on. They have modern and traditional designs that match your home's style. In Dubai's marketplace, many carpet options will fit your home carpet preferences. Discover the newest designs and find carpets that go well with your living area. Come explore home carpets that bring luxury, comfort, and style to your living areas.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » October 31st, 2023, 11:50 pm

I am a traditionalist so I prefer to have the name on the stern somewhere.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “General Boating Discussion”