Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

WINETRIZING!

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author United States of America
tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 39 Cockpit Motor Yacht

WINETRIZING!

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 8th, 2023, 5:01 pm

the “W” word. Last weekend we moved ashore, this weekend it was water systems and A/C winterizing. Ran the water out of the tank, then blue air through the lines, Water Heater was bypassed. I am a bit anal so after lines were blown out, I o pumped pink stuff through the lines. Added 10 gallons to the water tank and ran that through. Water heater was just blown out as lots of room for anything left to expand. A/C ….well I was tired of disconnecting hoses and trying to flush with fresh water and then get pink through iit. SO, I used a 3 way ball valve and made a type of winterizing system. On one side, water flows through teh valve to the A/C pump. On other side of valve, I put a garden hose adaptor and used a washing machine hose to run fresh water through the system. NO need to run the pump. Then filled a bucket with pink, and put hose in the bucket, turned on the A/C’s and the pump sucked the pink through the lines. Used less and also no hassles disconnecting hoses and trying to keep the pump primed. i was in that bilge for longest ever 1.5 hours. I was going to do same to genset, but just didn’t have it in me. So strainer cover off, and started genset and kept strainer full with hose. Then was able to keep pouring pink and then -60 through. Overkill but used 6 gallons. The A/C new way is a better way. However, NEXT year for that one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: WINETRIZING!

Postby bud37 » October 12th, 2023, 9:29 am

Sorry Tony , I only just realized the "W" was for wine.... :-D

Ya look good down there, geez please tell me that was not a blow dryer.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 12th, 2023, 10:10 am

Did the oil and filter changes last week and emptied her out, hauled boat last Tuesday. Going to do the water systems and AC tomorrow. Had a nice season this year although mother nature was not all that kind.

Wife and I are talking about doing Georgian bay next summer for a couple of months, really hope that turns out.
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 12th, 2023, 3:22 pm

I cannot lie Bud, I had to heat that hose to make it slide on. However, if I can get some dispensation the blower WAS on!

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » October 13th, 2023, 6:54 am

tonyiiiafl wrote:Source of the post I cannot lie Bud, I had to heat that hose to make it slide on. However, if I can get some dispensation the blower WAS on!

An alternative to consider may be hot water and dish soap.....just sayin.... ;-)
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 13th, 2023, 8:35 am

I tried the dish soap. I like the hot water. Truly I was not firing on all 8 cylinders on this one!

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » October 13th, 2023, 5:30 pm

Got her done today and put into hibernation until spring. :captain2:

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 13th, 2023, 6:08 pm

That is immaculate!

tonyiiiafl
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby tonyiiiafl » October 15th, 2023, 9:27 am

The last ride of 2023. Seas and conditions were probably the best of the season. Nice 15 mile ride.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “General Boating Discussion”