Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Fly bridge Removal?

ImageThis forum is for general discussion of all things Boating. If it's boating related and doesn't fit in another forum, post it here!

Topic author
diamondles
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1981 Carver 3007

Fly bridge Removal?

Postby diamondles » May 21st, 2013, 8:37 am

I am considering buying a 1981 Carver 3007 aft cabin and having it shipped from MI to FL. Conflicting reports about whether to remove the bridge or just props and windshield. Can anyone weigh in on this one? The boat is a great price and I hate to give it up- but the bridge removal worries me. Thanks!

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Re: Fly bridge Removal?

Postby CYO Admin » May 21st, 2013, 8:45 am

I have never had a boat trucked but I think part of it depends on the trailer being used. Some trailers are lower to the ground, and depending on the boat, requires less to be removed. I might start by contacting a trucking company like http://www.lighthouseboattransport.com/ and others that have been doing this for years.

My first guess would be the removal of everything from the venturi wind screen on up, in addition to any running gear that may hang to low.

United States of America
Seif911
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1977 Carver Mariner 33'

Postby Seif911 » May 21st, 2013, 5:36 pm

I transported my Mariner across WI about a month ago. I had to remove the radar tower and the windshield to get it to a total height of 13' 6", I believe. The hydraulic trailers can keep it pretty close to the ground but they cannot make miracles :). At min, you will need your total boat height less than 13' 6" to clear the bridges. Hope this helps.
The the radar tower removal was not too bad but putting it back up was a nightmare.
Thanks,
Steve

22' Godfrey Hurricane Fun Deck, Fiberglass hull, 175 HP, Deck boat
24' Chrysler Cruiseliner III (Lonestar), 120 HP, Aluminum Hull, Cabin, 1968
33' Carver Mariner, fiberglass hull, 520 HP, Yacht, 1977

United States of America
Ramsport47
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 310 Santego

Postby Ramsport47 » May 21st, 2013, 9:33 pm

I believe on the 3007, that the flybridge will have to come off. The boat is relatively tall with the bridge on, even without the windshield. The bridge on that boat is relatively easy to remove with just screws holding it to the cabin top, and then plugs for wiring and disconnecting cables and steering helm/hoses
Kenny
1998 Carver 310 Santego
T-Merc 350 Mag MPI (300hp)
Port: Cedar Point Marina, Sandusky, Ohio

Return to “General Boating Discussion”