Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 356 couch and other seating

Used boat parts, used Carver boat parts, trailers, dinghies, outboards, props...everything but the boats they were attached to. ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified ads for boat parts are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your item. You can upload pictures too!

CarverYachtOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

United States of America
Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 444 diesels

Re: Carver 356 couch and other seating

Postby Pete » January 10th, 2020, 10:21 pm

Do you have before and after pics yet?
2001 444
The best way to improve your memory is to do unforgettable things.

Topic author United States of America
cpoint
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 356 aft cabin

Postby cpoint » January 15th, 2020, 10:37 am

Pete wrote:Source of the post Do you have before and after pics yet?

Almost there, got the bases made, but still waiting on some material. Once all complete, I will post all pics. Trying to make it modern, comfortable, useful, functional as seating, bed and storage and easy to disassemble when you need all access to engines. the original is difficult to open all hatches, because you have to move the couches one side and work on one side at a time. With this new seating, take it apart and move to front or rear cabin easily, with complete access to both engines at same time. I'll post one early picture as a teaser :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby Pete » January 16th, 2020, 12:22 am

Very cool, look forward to seeing it!
2001 444

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » January 20th, 2020, 10:21 am

I have taken few more pictures this weekend. I would like to sell these to cover the cost or at least portion of the cost of material for the set I am building. Which is currently about $800. But any reasonable offer can be entertained. To avoid additional cost, I have decided to re-use the foam from the kitchen cushions. So they will not be available. Unless anyone is interested to cover the cost of foam, I can let those go for the cost of new foam.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
Pete
Deck Hand
Deck Hand

Postby Pete » January 20th, 2020, 1:31 pm

Look like they are in great shape, do they come apart easy? Reassemble easy?
2001 444

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » January 20th, 2020, 2:55 pm

Pete wrote:Source of the post Look like they are in great shape, do they come apart easy? Reassemble easy?

That's a great question :-D It is in 3 parts. Corner is 2 parts and just pops out, so yes on that one. The recliner is the tricky one. It will definitely not go out from cabin doors as is. So I took some pictures above or previous page that you can see. I believe if I disassemble the seats, they will go through the cabin door, so it will take some re-assembly afterwords. I am almost done with my current custom seats. Once they are ready this week or next, I will take them up to boat. And start disassembly on the existing one above. In regards to their shape, they are in great shape, no tears or damages. And there is matching cushions for dining area. Which I hate to take a part, but they would only be useful to some one that has carver 356 or I think 355. Not sure anyone is interested in those. I will hold of on doing those until last just in case. But I found out in the process foam is not cheap :-( so if I can re-coop foam cost or partial even, it's there for anyone interested.

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » January 20th, 2020, 5:46 pm

https://www.thefoamfactory.com/
Did you check these guys for foam pricing?

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » January 20th, 2020, 11:10 pm

tomschauer wrote:Source of the post https://www.thefoamfactory.com/
Did you check these guys for foam pricing?

Yes, but it was cheaper at Amazon. As usual I did not plan ahead, we always just dive in to projects and realize in mids of the project is costly :-(

United States of America
tgmkwill
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1997 355 Carver Aft

Postby tgmkwill » January 26th, 2020, 8:52 am

Beautiful couch and work !,

not to derail the thread but my wife saw your wood floors.

Which now means work for me!

Are those the original wood panels after tearing the carpet off? Or did you replace the wood for each panel?

What did you use to seal them??

thanks !

cpoint
Commander
Commander

Postby cpoint » January 26th, 2020, 7:15 pm

tgmkwill wrote:Source of the post Beautiful couch and work !,

not to derail the thread but my wife saw your wood floors.

Which now means work for me!

Are those the original wood panels after tearing the carpet off? Or did you replace the wood for each panel?

What did you use to seal them??

thanks !

I wish :-D . that was a winter project 2 years ago. carpet we never liked. so ripped it off and got these from lumber liquidators. these are not wood. so water is no problem with these. I do have an older thread on this I think with some pictures. One of these days I need to post everything I did on the interior. Anyway the wood under carpet is plywood. getting hatches nice was the tricky part. And sorry about getting you in trouble :-D

Return to “Boat Parts For Sale”