Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Aft deck plastic panels

Used boat parts, used Carver boat parts, trailers, dinghies, outboards, props...everything but the boats they were attached to. ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified ads for boat parts are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your item. You can upload pictures too!

CarverYachtOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Re: Aft deck plastic panels

Postby Wayne162 » June 5th, 2019, 7:44 pm

Hey Kend,
Mine were attached with what appeared to be 5200 or similar product. I think I used a solvent to soften it up then a razor, a knife blade and a flat tip screwdriver to get it out of the groove once separated. It was a pain in the A$@!
:usa:

KEND
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver 33' wide body aft cabin model 3330 twin 330hp Volvo's

Postby KEND » June 5th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Thanks, what kind of solvent, I tried paint thinner and goo off, no luck, at least I know they will come apart.

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » June 5th, 2019, 8:47 pm

I think I used mineral spirits. You could also try alcohol to break down the silicone bond and to temper the aggravation!
:drunk:

KEND
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver 33' wide body aft cabin model 3330 twin 330hp Volvo's

Postby KEND » June 6th, 2019, 9:04 pm

Maybe this will help someone else, by suggestion of a friend I used a heat gun and heated up along the slot on the aluminum corner piece and put a screw driver just behind the edge at the top of the plastic and it came apart in a few minutes. Now I just need to get the plastic cut and drilled.

United States of America
1992330aftcabin
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1992 330 Carver aft cabin

Postby 1992330aftcabin » April 8th, 2020, 10:50 am

Kend, I have a 92 330 Aft cabin I was wanting to replace the dodgers on who was your supplier for the panels. I see you’re from Grosse Ile, we keep our boat in Wyandotte. Hope to cross paths. Thanks Mike

United States of America
Bentone23
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
454 xls EFI

Postby Bentone23 » October 23rd, 2021, 6:22 pm

Wayne162 wrote:If you are looking to do it yourself if the parts are not available from Carver, try Mcmaster-Carr. I purchased a 4' x 8' sheet of UV protected acrylic panel that I cut for a snow plow blade insert. They are on line and supply bulk composite material in whatever size you specify. My sheet ran about $80.00. :usa:

I just looked on their site. $214 for a 4’x8’ sheet of 1/4”. No quote on delivery yet.
Bruce Bennett
Bentone23@sbcglobal.net
1996 355 Aft Cabin
Central California
Boating on the Delta and SF Bay

United States of America
Bentone23
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1996 Carver 355 Aft Cabin
454 xls EFI

Postby Bentone23 » October 23rd, 2021, 6:27 pm

KEND wrote:I also have two cracked panels for my 1991 33 aft, My problem is I cannot get the corner piece off the plexiglas panels on either side, so without separating the plexiglas I cannot use the corners. They seem to be locked on, maybe glued, not sure , all I know is no matter what, I have even tried to separate them using a razor knife to scrap inside the edges. No matter what I try no luck, any suggestions ?

Shatter the plastic out with a chisel.
Bruce Bennett
Bentone23@sbcglobal.net
1996 355 Aft Cabin
Central California
Boating on the Delta and SF Bay

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » October 23rd, 2021, 9:50 pm

I know I used mineral spirits and poured it down the channel of the corner and let it sit for bit. I did use a knife tip to break the bond once is became soft.

:usa:

Return to “Boat Parts For Sale”