Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Aft deck plastic panels

Used boat parts, used Carver boat parts, trailers, dinghies, outboards, props...everything but the boats they were attached to. ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified ads for boat parts are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your item. You can upload pictures too!

CarverYachtOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: Aft deck plastic panels

Postby mjk1040 » April 11th, 2018, 6:46 pm

greg, search this site, the stand offs and rivets are on here somewhere.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405

Postby g36 » April 12th, 2018, 4:19 pm

I know i posted this earlier but if you've lost panels or see where others have I would use the standoffs and wouldn't use rivets again just seems like it's a matter of time. On my 405 i replaced all mine with screws with white trim covers I just decided before I have this problem others have is to be proactive and not repeat this mistake
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"
Home port - Charleston, South Carolina

Postby Wayne162 » June 29th, 2018, 11:49 pm

I ran into the same issue and had a lengthy post about the acrylic panels that were no longer available from Carver. I lost mine to hurricane Matthew. Problem with the Carver OEM panels were that on my 405 they measured 9' and aftermarket acrylic panels are made from 4x8 sheets. I found a local specialty metals fabricator and had him make new panels from marine grade aluminum and powder coated the new panel. I had one remaining corner left that they made a mirror image of from the Starboard side extruded corner. I decided to jazz it up a bit with a custom decal on the new panels. The manufactured aluminum was half the price of new acrylic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
g36
Admiral
Admiral

Postby g36 » July 5th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Maybe you need to have that guy hold onto a pattern for these and I bet it might get more 405 owners do the same. BTw maybe you could put up the company info.
1997 Carver 405
Crusader xli
The Black Pearl
Soddy Daisy Tn.

United States of America
racerrick
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1986 3607 Aft Cabin. Berthed Palm Island Marina, Cape Haze, FL

Postby racerrick » July 8th, 2018, 12:41 am

I had custom fiberglass panels made. Wasn't cheap but durable & very ship shape. Fortunately his shop is only a few blocks from where I had the boat berthed. They are two one piece panels, I have no idea how he did it or if he can do it without being on the boat. He has a great reputation around Destin & the Emerald Coast.

John Sullivan, 203 Early St Niceville, FL 32578 (850) 729-1418
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » July 8th, 2018, 9:29 am

I posted Metal Specialties who did my work, but the information did not post. Here goes again.... I agree that the work needs to be hands on due to the complexities of the fabrication.
:usa:

Metal Specialties
1 Compass Road
Mt. Holly, NJ 08060
(609) 261-9277

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » July 8th, 2018, 9:29 am

Looks great RR

United States of America
Ssmullugan
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 326 aft cabin

Postby Ssmullugan » July 14th, 2018, 1:33 pm

We had some damage to the boat because of a storm. Lost a panel and the “corner piece”. Found the panel, but corner piece is long gone. Started the search for replacement. Looks like that is a deadend. Seems fabrication is the answer?
Thanks for the forum!

United States of America
Wayne162
Captain
Captain
"Change In Latitude"

Postby Wayne162 » July 14th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Ssmullugan,
I took my remaining corner to the fabricator and had them make me a mirror image of the one I had. I would suggest to attach a weatherproof lanyard through a drilled hole in the new and remaining corner and affix it so that it cannot be lost again.
:usa:

KEND
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1991 Carver 33' wide body aft cabin model 3330 twin 330hp Volvo's

Postby KEND » June 5th, 2019, 6:25 pm

I also have two cracked panels for my 1991 33 aft, My problem is I cannot get the corner piece off the plexiglas panels on either side, so without separating the plexiglas I cannot use the corners. They seem to be locked on, maybe glued, not sure , all I know is no matter what, I have even tried to separate them using a razor knife to scrap inside the edges. No matter what I try no luck, any suggestions ?

Return to “Boat Parts For Sale”