Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Wanted: 370 aft cabin spiral platform ladder

Used boat parts, used Carver boat parts, trailers, dinghies, outboards, props...everything but the boats they were attached to. ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified ads for boat parts are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your item. You can upload pictures too!

CarverYachtOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

Topic author
ksh1964
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 370 aft cabin deisel

Wanted: 370 aft cabin spiral platform ladder

Postby ksh1964 » October 9th, 2016, 11:36 am

Hi,, I'm looking for a spiral ladder from the swim platform to the back deck for the mid '90's 370 aft cabin, Hope to replace the existing flat ladder. Anyone have any suggestions as to where to locate one either new or used? Thanks,, Kevin

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Re: Wanted: 370 aft cabin spiral platform ladder

Postby Viper » October 27th, 2016, 6:53 am

I've been looking for one for some time and haven't had any luck. I contacted Carver and they don't have any either, not even one for a different model that I'd be able to modify. They used to build those themselves but they don't even have any blueprints now that they can share to get one built elsewhere. That's your best best though, source out a company that specializes in fabricating marine hardware out of stainless steel or powder coated aluminum. There are also manufacturers that specialize in DYI spiral staircases where you can provide specs and they will ship you a kit that you assemble yourself. I believe there are a couple of members here who've gone that route. I think one of them was 1000islands. Yet another option if you know a good fiberglass tech or can do it yourself, is to fabricate one out of fiberglass. If you do a Google search, you're sure to find a guy that had a popular thread about making his own. It might even be on this forum so try doing a search here for that thread.

United States of America
gmwalley
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 370 Aft Cabin

Postby gmwalley » July 26th, 2017, 12:44 pm

Why do you want a spiral stair? When we purchased our 370 AFT cabin, we looked at a '96 with the spiral and a '94 with the flat ladder. Wife has had one knee replaced twice and will have other knee replaced this fall and she literally could not navigate the spiral stairs. Too much rotating on the ball of one foot as you traversed the stairs put too much torque on her 'bad' knee. Also flat ladder takes up MUCH less space on the swim platform meaning you can never tip a dinghy up on it or even install davits in the future.

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Postby mjk1040 » July 26th, 2017, 2:11 pm

Short of custom made, have you thought of trying a set of dock steps with 3 or 4 runs? Either full width or cut them down narrower and attach to the aft cabin outside wall? Few sets on E-Bay at a reasonable price too! Just a thought.
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Return to “Boat Parts For Sale”