Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Canvas and enclosure for sale: 1994 390 CPMY

Used boat parts, used Carver boat parts, trailers, dinghies, outboards, props...everything but the boats they were attached to. ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified ads for boat parts are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your item. You can upload pictures too!

CarverYachtOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

Topic author United States of America
AlwaysSunny
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1994 Carver 390 Aft
7.4L

Canvas and enclosure for sale: 1994 390 CPMY

Postby AlwaysSunny » March 21st, 2020, 10:25 am

In the summer of 2020, while still on the dry, we had a full custom canvas and Isenglass enclosure made and installed by Yuriy of Cover-All Marine, Mullica HIll, NJ (http://www.coverallmarine.com/) . Yuriy's work is top notch. We launched very late in the season and enjoyed three days travelling before tying up at our home port at Schooner Island Marina in Wildwood, NJ. A few weeks later our beloved CPMY went down in a "Bomb Squall" while docked at our marina. The sinking was partial; salt water up to the oven. She was immediately hauled and blocked. After reviewing the extent of water intrusion we decided to give her up to salvage instead of dealing with the emotions associated with restoration. Since the enclosure was brand new the insurance company let us remove and retain ownership. Boat US / Geico were great. (I highly recommend having a financial survey and Agreed Hull Value policy.) With Geico's approval I personally removed all components and stored them in our condo in WIldwood, NJ which is conveniently immediately adjacent to the marina. Each panel is laid flat, in a conditioned space.

We enjoyed the CPMY so much that we started the search in hopes of purchasing a sister ship and intending on installing the canvas on our next vessel. After several months of searching for the right boat we've given up and are now offering the enclosure for sale.

It appears that the enclosure should be an exact fit for the following models: 390 CPMY, 400 CPMY, 404 CPMY, 350 Aft Cabin, 356 Aft Cabin. Please perform your own diligence to confirm fitment.

The enclosure includes the original factory stainless bow bimini frame, all new Sunbrella canvas, grey in color. The glass is the Isenglass. We also have a new bonnet for the front windows made of the same Sunbrella material. The total cost of all was $13,500.
Photos can be found at the following link:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Accepting reasonable offers. Please consider that the enclosure was only a few months old at time of removal and used a total of three days.

Thank you,
Tom
tgjeffersjr@gmail.com

United States of America
Serendipity
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 405

Re: Canvas and enclosure for sale: 1994 390 CPMY

Postby Serendipity » January 22nd, 2021, 5:02 am

Tom don't give up on finding another Carver. When the time is right it will happen.
Happy Boating :usa:

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » January 22nd, 2021, 6:53 am

I once purchased a perfectly good top for a previous boat, not a Carver however the same model and year. To my dismay and the sellers, the top did not fit! Not saying this is the case here as I do not know how Carver adjust their tops when new. Some manufacturers install the snaps to suit the top when installed and others are so precise in their builds, the snaps are all in the same location from one boat to the other. This is where my purchase failed, snaps were not even close to lining up. I suggest you call Carver and ask them about fit from one boat to the next.

Both the seller and I agreed to absorb 1/2 the cost each as none of us had any use for the top and both being honest people agreed to each take a loss. (this was only a $150 transaction) I kept it for many years but the sand color was nothing I had use for in any of my projects so it ended up in the garbage.

As you probably know, snaps need to be pretty precise for a good fit, imagine trying to get snaps in exactly the same location on such a large, weird configuration like a boat. Just trying to help you out as I assumed it would fit and so did the seller and learned from the experience. ;-)
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
Artswarlock
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 Carver 404 CPMY

Postby Artswarlock » April 20th, 2021, 9:26 pm