Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Wanted Gauges for '76 era Mariner

Used boat parts, used Carver boat parts, trailers, dinghies, outboards, props...everything but the boats they were attached to. ALL ADS ARE FREE - USERS MUST HAVE AT LEAST 10 POSTS TO PLACE AN AD
Forum rules
All classified ads for boat parts are free. Please be as specific as possible in describing your item. You can upload pictures too!

CarverYachtOwners.com and the owners of this forum take no responsibility for the authenticity of ads or legitimacy of items being sold. Buyers, please buy responsibly.

To place an ad start a new Topic. We reserve the right to delete ads from users with fewer than 10 posts.

Topic author United States of America
KandJ72
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '76 Carver Mariner 3395
Twin 351W Vdrives
Refit in process

Wanted Gauges for '76 era Mariner

Postby KandJ72 » June 6th, 2022, 12:31 pm

For some reason all of my Port side gauges are either very inaccurate or not functioning. Tach will not drop to Zero no matter what, voltage always over reads etc. I've checked voltage at alt and battery and even at back of gauge so I'm confident it's gauge issues. I know it had the wrong voltage regulator on that engine when I got the boat so I'm thinking that's what fried them. If anyone has some they're willing to part with please let me know.
Thanks everyone

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Wanted Gauges for '76 era Mariner

Postby km1125 » June 6th, 2022, 4:27 pm

You might want to post up some pictures of what you have. A lot of the different boats used the same gauges so you might have some better luck. I have a couple older Teleflex gauges but not sure which ones (I'll go check when I get a chance) or of they'd match the style you have.

Did you also check the grounds for the gauges? They would typically all use the same ground, and whether the gauge light is on or not could affect the reading on the gauge if the ground circuit has problems (corrosion, loose connectors, etc).

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » June 7th, 2022, 7:21 am

Check with on-line retailers like eBay, Great Lakes Skipper, The Marine Connection, etc. You won't see pics of individual items on The Marine Connection's website but you can email pics to them and they'll let you know if they have what you need.

Topic author United States of America
KandJ72
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: '76 Carver Mariner 3395
Twin 351W Vdrives
Refit in process

Postby KandJ72 » June 7th, 2022, 7:52 am

Funny story about the Ebay experience. I found a very nice set all pretty and shiny stainless bezel to replace all the gauges. Well since they came from India and were tractor gauges NONE of the sensors matched for proper resistance and the tach is also not compatible with 8 cyl engines LOL... That's why I decided to just look for closer to original.

I have checked ground(s) from batteries to engines to harness to distribution block under the dash, even ran a temp direct line from battery to test them, no difference. You can see in the picture the Tach on port never zeros out, just the pleasure of owning an old boat.
Carver gauges.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Boat Parts For Sale”