Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Weeks to Boating/Golf....20...

Postby bud37 » December 8th, 2018, 4:13 pm

No nobody got pulled out that I know of, but the hut and him have not been seen since. The last few days have been 4x4 weather, the boat is looking good so far. About 6 more weeks to TIBS.......... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » December 10th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Well, maybe the whole shebang is sitting on the bottom. We are just 11 days from the shortest daylight day of the year. Then it's downhill to the boating season in 154 days, 12 hours. I'm heading to the boat for beverages on 12/21, anyone want to join me? Cooler
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 12th, 2018, 10:01 pm

So the hut and the guy were spotted on the ice today so all is well for anyone wondering.... :approve: .....cooler I would join you but,... bit of a sled trip,... I don't think the dogs are up for it yet...... :beergood: ...... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » December 13th, 2018, 3:51 am

Not really thinking about spring. My boat will finally get shrinkwrapped later today for the winter. Will start thinking of spring more seriously around March 1st.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » December 14th, 2018, 3:24 pm

Jeepers Bud! That guy must have some sort of death wish. Maybe you have had colder weather than we have, cause we ain't gettin' any ice forming here. Temps in mid 30's.

Rick - do you always get on the forum at 3 in the morning? Sorry to hear about the shrink. Come to GB and we will sit on the boat and have January Marguerita's. Going to be a long winter. Just 150 days, 14 hours, & 36 min to go. But we will all be in before that, I am sure.
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » December 15th, 2018, 2:14 am

Cooler wrote:Source of the post Jeepers Bud! That guy must have some sort of death wish. Maybe you have had colder weather than we have, cause we ain't gettin' any ice forming here. Temps in mid 30's.

Rick - do you always get on the forum at 3 in the morning? Sorry to hear about the shrink. Come to GB and we will sit on the boat and have January Marguerita's. Going to be a long winter. Just 150 days, 14 hours, & 36 min to go. But we will all be in before that, I am sure.

I work a night shift so when I get home I generally go online for a period of time so 3 AM is one of the times I post here and other places.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Weeks to Boating/Golf....19..

Postby bud37 » December 16th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Well nice day today, suns out, washed truck, snow melting away....went down to the boat and behold there were two guys on the ice with a rapala hut....caught a nice pike while we were watching....still not sure about that but there they were running to and fro to check tip ups. Now the wife says she wants to try ice fishing, I guess a time for everything......... :drunk:

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » December 16th, 2018, 7:05 pm

I too would like to try ice fishing. I was invited just once by a guy who set up a tent type hut on the Fox River. He cut the first hole and the smell was unbelievable. We were quite close to a paper mill so yikes! We might as well been next to the sewage plant. Think I should try to find some guys who fish Door County waters. Would love to hook into some jumbo perch and tasty walleye. 149 days, 11 hours, and 55 min to go!
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » December 16th, 2018, 7:09 pm

Packers season ended today. Now it's the draft choice season. Only thing to look forward to is boating season 2019. Here is to hoping we all make it through the holidays without hurting any relatives! ;-)
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
Alaska 530 Voyager
First Mate
First Mate

Postby Alaska 530 Voyager » December 16th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Haha!!

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”