Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 7 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » March 10th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Nice day for you......oddly enough we have never been on a snowmobile..... It was nice here yesterday as well, just very cold, never really warmed up but the sun was nice.Today its raining!!!

Checked out the marina today, lots of sinking floating docks, if that makes any sense.....gonna be some work coming up. Most of the ice huts are gone, only one left...the good part is the clocks in the boat,workshop,and garage are now correct again... :clap:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » March 10th, 2019, 4:50 pm

Nice pics! Looks like boating season is right around the corner. Well the best news I have is the forecast for 6" of snow actually turned out to be 2". Yea! Blowin' hard today, but the temp is 38F. Got some buffing done yesterday, lots left to do but taking small bites. I will be ready when the run starts in just ____ weeks. 54F by end of week, but cooler by the lake.
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 13th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Cooler....looks like ya may be gettin rained on...... :-O ....we may be having thunder storms...... :help:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » March 14th, 2019, 11:28 am

Yep. The western half of Wisconsin is getting heavy rain. Ours is light right now. Thunder later I hope. Going to be 57F today so the melt is on. Then the smelt begins. Love a big plate of smelt. Temps are supposed to stay in high 30's, low 40's for the foreseeable future, but Cooler By The Lake. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » March 16th, 2019, 1:16 pm

Weather getting better! We had an 8 inch snow melt on the 14th. Low areas faced flooding issues. That was a lot of water flowing across frozen ground. Several rivers went quickly to flood stage because ice would plug up at bridge overpass. Only 2 bridges open for traffic. Challenging because downtown Green Bay has the Fox River right down the center of the city. Hope the storm that just missed us did not cause too many issues for our friends in Canada. Hans - are you OK? What about all the Georgian Bay dwellers? Hope the 'Bomb Cyclone' did not cause any real damage. Forecast to be in 50's by 21st, but cooler by the lake. 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 6 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » March 16th, 2019, 5:41 pm

Looks like the two of us here now.......we had some melting and hopefully minimal flooding for folks here....but still lots of the white stuff, -2C again and snowed last night, tons of snow around the boat, lots of ice on the bay still......it will be awhile yet........ :popcorn:

Almost forgot the wearin o the green tomorrow........ :drunk:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 16th, 2019, 8:46 pm

Saw my first Robins today. Definite sign of spring. We are getting there bit by bit, day by day.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 20th, 2019, 5:24 pm

Well get ready for it......14 minutes to SPRING.......and 6 weeks to go...... :popcorn:

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Postby mjk1040 » March 23rd, 2019, 9:48 am

60F degrees here mid week and 22F degrees today and 4" of new snow. 5 more weeks here to launch, if the lake levels come up by then that is. Damn lets get going mother nature! LOL!!!
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 5 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » March 23rd, 2019, 5:14 pm

Now I know I have 5 weeks to go, but for us up here it will probably be longer based on the marina conditions ice, yards etc.Nice day today but still cold at 0C and lots of ice in the bay, too thick for the icebreaker yet...later this week they have predicted 10C.....really all I want to do is wash the truck at this point. All the geese are paired up so wont be long........ :-D .... :popcorn:

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”