Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Beginning Of Season Near

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Beginning Of Season Near

Postby bud37 » May 28th, 2020, 7:40 pm

And so it goes....what is the general area of the marina please for my sake...
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 28th, 2020, 8:01 pm

Lake Simcoe

Topic author United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » May 29th, 2020, 12:58 am

Unfortunately it was most likely bound to happen eventually. I hope you stay safe. The bad thing about this virus is you could possibly have absolutely no, zero symptoms and still be able to pass it on to others. If this guy had symptoms he should have stayed away. By then you definitely can pass it on to others.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

Postby Viper » May 29th, 2020, 6:37 am

That's the frustrating, maddening, and dangerous thing I've been touting for the last little while Rick. Here's a guy who apparently had strong suspicions he was infected but went to his boat anyway and interacted with people, then requested repairs be done. Apparently he had an upcoming outing this weekend so he wanted to make sure the boat was ready, no matter the cost to others it seems. Like I keep saying, you can't tell who the idiots are until it's too late. Should be interesting to hear what happens there today and over the weekend.

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » May 29th, 2020, 9:18 am

I hope you stay safe. You are an invaluable resource here.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Canada
Tireless
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2006 Carver 44 CMY
Volvo Penta D6 370 HP

Postby Tireless » May 29th, 2020, 9:39 am

Viper, I am appalled at the story and understand the challenges that you face. I know, based on what I did for a living, that people can be very selfish and will show a total disregard for everyone else to get them what they want. They have no regard for you, and I believe this guy was negligent. This gives a great indication as to how he could behave in the future. Maybe he should be told to look for a new Marina. In these trying times a guy like this makes it difficult for everyone. You have to be vigilant and stick to your guns, like you have been. I feel for you. :down:

Greg
Last edited by Tireless on May 29th, 2020, 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » May 29th, 2020, 11:27 am

Yep, agree with all of the above. Hope your friend is negative. Now,..a little optimistic news. I was talking to a friend yesterday who is a physician. He shared with me that the latest information is the virus is not being spread by hard surface contact at nearly the rate the CDC thought a couple of months ago. The germ is not surviving for long when exposed to virus sources. The chance of that type of community spread is very low. The vast majority of cases are being spread from person to person. While this is not official CDC news, this physician is very informed, and is a good guy. Hope this is news that can help your friend remain calm until he gets his results. We are all in this together, but right now he feels alone. Good luck! Be smart, stay healthy! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » May 29th, 2020, 10:46 pm

What surprises me the most about this virus is how many believe it's not real. I have a few friends who fall into that category.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » May 30th, 2020, 7:49 am

RGrew176 wrote:Source of the post What surprises me the most about this virus is how many believe it's not real. I have a few friends who fall into that category.

In one sense, I too would like to believe that.... :-)

No hot sun today, so, going to the marina to finish install of the new tv and tv antenna for the new owners, hopefully it sells without too much drama.... :cry:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » June 1st, 2020, 10:26 am

Some good news....the Trent Severn waterway opened up today.... :down:

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”