Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Long Weekend Shakedown cruise

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Long Weekend Shakedown cruise

Postby Lyndon670 » May 24th, 2016, 6:49 pm

We had a 5 boat flotilla for the weekend and left Port Severn at about 3pm on Saturday to spend the night at the Waubic Restaurant. Two Carvers, 2 Regals and a Searay in the flotilla. We went over Big Chute Marine Railway and made our way to the Waubic. Anyone who is up this way or is doing the loop, the Waubic is a must stop. Just be advised, they only have 30a service - so if you are like me with 50A, you will be on the genny for the night.

Up and off early Sunday to go back over the Chute and through Lock 45 to end up in Midland. Stayed at the town dock here and the flotilla had a great BBQ on my boat.

It was the first May long weekend that I can remember that the weather was perfect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Re: Long Weekend Shakedown cruise

Postby feeez » May 24th, 2016, 9:52 pm

Thanks for the pics Lyndon. We were are the boat Thursday through Sunday. We got out to Beausoliel on Saturday for a shakedown cruise and anchored for lunch. The rest of time was projects and detailing the boat. This season is compounding the top side of the boat. Slow work but well worth the effort.

Cheers
Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Long Weekend Shakedown cruise

Postby RGrew176 » May 24th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Nice story and definitely nice pictures. Its beautiful up there. I don't know if I will ever get the chance to do the loop but I would certainly like to do the Trent/Severn system someday. Thanks for sharing your story, look forward to more as the season progresses.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”