Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Carver 466 and a 3dr Solo drone go to Alaska!

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author
vitmus
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 carver 466 twin volvo 63's

Carver 466 and a 3dr Solo drone go to Alaska!

Postby vitmus » July 28th, 2016, 3:29 pm

For those of you who are interested, I just got back home after traveling from Bremerton Wa. to Juneau Ak. On my trip, most nights or mornings, I would fly my 3dr Solo drone around the area for an arial view. I have posted a few videos on YouTube and have lots more to post. If you search "matts 3dr Ketchikan" spelled just like that, it should get you linked up with my youtube account so you can find all the other videos. The ice bergs were incredible! (Tracy's Arm, below Juneau ) We did the 2000 mile + trip in one month. Way to fast. But we made it there and back, mostly at 8 knots, dometimes when things got rough, we put the hammers down and sucked some fuel. Boat does a lot better through the waves when the bow is up a little. One open water stretch, we should have been going 16 knots but hit 20.6 while surfing our 46fter down a swell. Was an adventure to remember.

United States of America
CaptBob
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: Shopping....

Re: Carver 466 and a 3dr Solo drone go to Alaska!

Postby CaptBob » July 28th, 2016, 6:01 pm

That is a really neat way to share the view of the area. Thanks for sharing.

I find it fun to look at vids (my own included) of someone flying FPv (first person view, through goggles or a monitor)and spot the pilot, as he is the "statue" standing still looking down. All the bystanders are looking, pointing, or waving at the drone, but there is always someone, standing still, looking down.

Another fun thing is to give people "rides" on the drone, let them watch through the goggles and see if you can get them to move around in relation to the movement of the drone.
Capt Bob!
More Nautiville 2004 Carver 360 Sport Sedan
A little less Nauti 2008 SeaDoo 150 Speedster (Admiral could not live without a jet boat.... :captain2: )

Nautiville 2005 Cruisers 280 CXi *Sold*
Nautitown 2012 SeaDoo 180 SP *Sold*

Canada
zoomiejim
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 466

Postby zoomiejim » January 28th, 2019, 8:48 am

Great job! I spend a number of years flying in that part of the world, and you have captured it is a wonderful way indeed.

We are about to join the Carver 466 team with a deal pending to close in the coming weeks. In the meantime, here is some drone work I did up here in Newfoundland last summer. You will notice a 2002 Bayliner 3988 that was my drones airport.

Best with volume up!

Cheers

zoomiejim

Canada
zoomiejim
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2001 466

Postby zoomiejim » January 28th, 2019, 8:49 am

oops....forgot the link

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”