Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

DOCK LINKS !Lake Ontario, Trent Severn, Lake Simcoe and Gbay

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

DOCK LINKS !Lake Ontario, Trent Severn, Lake Simcoe and Gbay

Postby Lyndon670 » March 25th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Hey folks,

Just a shout out - and to clarify, I checked with ADMIN before I sent this!

I recently started (another) new business, this time directly boating related and I think anyone up here in Canada thru the Trent and into Georgian Bay and the North Channel would benefit from it.

I have been boating in Lake Ontario, through the Trent and into Gbay and the North Channel since I was a kid, and I observed the following. Lake Ontario Boaters typically migrate eastbound towards the entrance to the Trent Severn Waterway system and/or the Thousand Islands either for annual vacations - or permanently as they go through the life cycle of boating. Trent Severn boaters typically migrate up to Lake Simcoe for the annual vacations and permanently. Lake Simcoe area boaters typically migrate north to Georgian Bay, and the Georgian Bay boaters typically migrate to the North Channel or West to Tobermory for their annual holiday.

Our new company is called "Dock Links", and is a compilation of ideas from those boating days where I said to myself "wouldn't it be nice if"...Dock Links is a member group that has boating member and partner members in its membership. I have strategically identified transient marinas along this migration route from Lake Ontario thru the Trent, Lake Simcoe, Georgian Bay and the North Channel/Tobermory. We have approached these marinas and have secured 50% off the posted transient rates, free pump outs and up to .05L off either gas or diesel for Dock Links members. At each identified member marina, we have also contracted Taxi services to provide a discounted rate to Dock Links members for trips into town for provisions/repairs/meals etc. Further, we have also made deals with 2 restaurants in close proximity to each member marina that will offer either a free appetizer or a discount off the bill for Dock Links Members. We have just signed a major national automotive parts supplier to offer discounts to Dock Links members. Finally, we have signed a deal with one of the largest Marine Insurance providers in Ontario to offer 10% of any new business - AND 10% OFF FOR ANY CURRENT POLICIES - for Dock Links members.

We have contracted a web design team who are currently working on Dock Links web page. It will show a map of the area you are travelling through and who the Dock Links member marinas are in that geographical area - including their services provided (discounts, Travel Lift Capacity, power avail etc). The map will also identify the additional member services in the area - for food, transportation, repairs etc.

My Facebook page is currently live, and every couple of days we will be announcing the name of a new signed corporate partner. Currently we have more than 10 marinas along the route from Lake Ontario all the way to the North Channel. With each marina comes local support partners as well.

We have just identified Queens Cove as our first Marina Partner, which is where we will be having our kick off on April 22nd. Membership cards will be able to purchase on this date. The membership cards cost $59 which offers everything I have identified here. A PWC card is also available that offers everything but the transient option (for obvious reasons) for $29.

The card basically pays for itself with one weekend at a partner marina paying 50% off the transient rate. Or perhaps a couple of visits to the local pub near a partner marina. Or simply signing with MD Insurance or letting MD Insurance know (if you are already a member) that you have purchased a Dock Links membership. Your annual holiday trip this year will more than amply cover the $59 cost of membership with the first stop at the fuel docks!

Check out our Facebook page and click "Follow" for updates. Feel free to email me if you have any questions - Lyndon@docklinks.ca
Last edited by Lyndon670 on March 25th, 2017, 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
mjk1040
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1998 355 AC/MY "Deja Vu"

Re: DOCK LINKS !Lake Ontario, Trent Severn, Lake Simcoe and Gbay

Postby mjk1040 » March 25th, 2017, 11:06 pm

Sweet! Mike
Mike :down:
I'd Rather Be Boating!
1989 Sea Ray Seville
1986 Carver Mariner 32'
1990's Thompson 22' Cuddy Cabin
1990's 4Winns 245 Vista Cruiser
1980's Thompson 19' Open Bow

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 26th, 2017, 2:14 am

Anything that can make boating more fun and with less hassle is a great thing. I may never get there but I hope this works out for all boaters us visit this beautiful area.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
CYO Admin
CYO Administrator
CYO Administrator

Postby CYO Admin » March 26th, 2017, 8:05 am

Link to the facebook page?

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » March 26th, 2017, 10:28 am

Sounds like a good one Lyndon.... I will be following this closely as it develops.

Cheers
Fraser
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

United States of America
dsolo
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: 1997 Carver 405 MY
454 EFI Crusaders
Name: La Belle ll

Postby dsolo » March 26th, 2017, 5:20 pm

This is just what we need. My wife and I plan on having a seasonal slip at Hilton Beach, St. Joseph Island next year. We plan on exploring eastern NC and GB.

I wish the best.
Dan
dsolo
Vessel "LaBelle"
Portage Point Inn & Marina, Onekema, Mi
1997 Carver 405 MY
454 EFI Crusaders

United States of America
MakinTime
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Carver 3607 MakinTIme
Glastron MX175 MakinTimeToo

Postby MakinTime » March 26th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Sounds like a great idea!

Topic author Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » March 28th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Thanks for reminding me about the FB link!

https://www.facebook.com/DockLinks/
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Topic author Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » September 13th, 2017, 9:03 pm

Hey gang!

Haven't been on the board much, been really busy with the new business.

Here is a recap of how the 1st season on folded. Unfortunately the late start got us off to a terrible June. We did 2 boat shows at the beginning of the season (Orillia and Midland) and had lots of interest.

As of Labour Day, we were well north of 350 members. I hired a sales manager in July as things started to snowball beyond my abilities. We have several Canada wide discounts beyond our "meet and patatoes" marina network. We have partner marinas in the following areas:

Belleville
Bobcaygeon
Chemong Lake
Sturgeon Lake
Pigeon Lake
Lake Simcoe (2)
Orillia
Lake Couchiching
Sparrow Lake
Port Severn
Victoria Harbour
Midland (2)
Penetanguishine
Britt

These marinas offer 50% off transient rates + free pump outs (where they have facilities) to our members, 6 marinas offer fuel discounts and a handful of the listed ones offer service discounts as well.

By the end of October, we should have our network complete through the Rideau and are hoping to have Lake Ontario, Lake Erie and Lake St Clair buttoned down by January 1st.

We have also went into the local communities where these marinas are located and established discounts with the local business. We now have over 100 discount locations from restaurants to spas to supply stores.

We have a couple of major announcements coming up that will be game changers for our program.

Stay tuned!
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”