Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

WHAT'S COOKING?

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1989 Carver 3807 Aft Cabin

WHAT'S COOKING?

Postby Viper » April 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm

So this was the wife's idea but I see how I might benefit here ;-) We're looking for some of your favourite easy on-the-water recipes to take along with us. I'm trying to get our better halves more involved and I thought this might pan out for the foodie in me! Oh, and the liquid recipes are welcome too :beergood:

What say you?

Topic author Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Re: WHAT'S COOKING?

Postby Viper » April 24th, 2017, 9:40 pm

Here’s a couple of easy appetizers:
- Wrap one or two pieces of partially cooked asparagus in bacon
- Throw them on the bbq. I like using the bbq’s stainless steel hanging tray that doubles as a cooking surface. Turn over after a couple of minutes and cook until you get the bacon to a consistency you like.

Do the same with canned whole, pealed water chestnuts; wrap them in bacon and on the bbq they go.

Easy and tasty. Someone hand me a beer!

United States of America
LoveAndLuck
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 2005 56' Voyager

Postby LoveAndLuck » April 25th, 2017, 6:02 am

The day before we go out, I prepare bratwurst. I simmer them slowly in Guinness and garlic. Once they are cooked completely, I package them in a gallon ziplock bag. When it's time to grill, they only have to be heated, and they have an amazing flavor!

Topic author Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » April 25th, 2017, 6:36 am

That's a keeper :down: Welcome aboard.

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Postby SplashyLady » April 25th, 2017, 9:27 am

Over on the Classic Aquasport site, they have a forum for boat-type food, with some pretty tasty recipes:

http://classicaquasport.com/smf/index.php?board=9.0

Check it out! :drunk:
Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

CarverChris
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 2987 Monterey, twin screws and loving life

Postby CarverChris » April 25th, 2017, 12:25 pm

depends if at the dock or out and about/on the hook

OUT:

Walking taco's is a staple, single serve Doritos chip crushed in the bag, taco meat (we cooked ahead and re-heat in microwave), shredded cheese and then any taco fixings you like, we slice, wash, and bag ahead of time(lettuce, tomato jalapenos, onion, sour cream, etc). Great way to feed a crowd quick and easy clean up.

Freezer pulled pork sandwiches- freeze small portions of smoked pulled pork in baggies, throw in bowl frozen/partially thawed from the fridge, cover in bqq, and microwave serve on buns

IN:

burgers, dogs, brats on the grill-mostly at the dock. Messy grilling away from dock

For breakfast I like to hook up a griddle on the dock and make pancakes and sausage before we head out. Less messy than using cooktop in the boat.

Grilled cheese and tomato soup.- cooked grilled cheese on griddle, heat soup in boat.

Anything in a crockpot/slow cooker- put all fixings in the crockpot before you leave for the day, turn on low, good for 6-10 hrs. Nice meal when you can get back. We just leave the crockpot sit on the dock next to shore power pole(My neighbors did unplug and move to different dock one day. I was quite puzzled while I searched for it. They thought it was the funniest thing ever). Pot roast, chicken and veggies, Chili, anything you can normally cook in one we've made at the dock before.

Topic author Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » April 25th, 2017, 5:56 pm

You guys are making me hungry :approve:

United States of America
SplashyLady
Captain
Captain
Vessel Info: Carver 3227 Sedan Convertible
1986 - 260 Mercruisers - Kohler 5E

Postby SplashyLady » April 26th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Ok - my favorite drink recipe - if you don't like it - you get your money back. This recipe is quick, easy, delicious, and dangerous…

What you need:
1 fifth tequila
1 fifth triple sec
1 small (8 oz.) bottle Rose’s Lime Juice
½ gallon container

Steps:
1. Open 1/2 gallon container
2. Pour all three bottles into container - yes it all fits!
3. Close container and shake
4. Pour over ice (put salt on rim if you like)
5. Enjoy! But be careful – this is a potent drink! It’s called “Life of the Party" Margarita, because you can be the life of the party mixing it, or you or others can become the life of the party upon consuming it! This mixture will also keep without refrigeration, so you can make it up in advance or just keep a batch around for mood enhancement.

Warning:
1 margarita, 2 margarita, 3 margarita, floor.
:drunk:

See ya on the water!
Captain John
Past Commodore, Peninsula Yacht Club
Lake Norman, NC
Carver 3227 - "Splashy Lady"
Aquasport 222CCP - "Gone Fission"

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » April 26th, 2017, 11:42 pm

I don't know about the great lakes boating, but in the Chesapeake we have many beachs that we raft up on. Any where from three to fifty three boats, stern to the beach in about 3' of water (yes, we sit on the bottom at low tide)
The swim platforms become a smorgasbord.
There will be shrimp, crab legs, crabs, burgers and dogs, grilled hot wings, sausage, roast beef, ham, pork barbeque, spaghetti, salads, snacks, and about anything you can think of. I is kind of a competition between some of the wives, where everyone wins!
Towards the end of last season, the wife bought Tyson anyteasers (don't quote me on the name). these were lightly breaded chicken balls with buffalo sauce and a couple other flavors. Popped in the oven for a few minutes and everyone loved them. Whoda thunk?
8-)

Topic author Canada
Viper
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter

Postby Viper » April 27th, 2017, 6:57 am

This is great guys. It's getting the wife on here and taking notes. She asked if you'd help her out if she had questions about a posted recipe....daaah!

We raft off on beaches up here also but no tide to worry about. With four feet of water, we spend most of our time standing in the water behind the platform playing and socializing. This is great most of the time but this year we're going to try and venture to more secluded areas once in a while for some private, peaceful, quiet time.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”