Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Average boat usage

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

how much time do you spend on your boat in any week

Not much
No votes
1 to 5 hours
4%
6 to 10 hours
13%
11 to 20 hours
9%
21 to 30 hours
9%
31 to 48 hours
35%
pretty much live there
30%

Total votes: 23

CarverChris
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: 1985 2987 Monterey, twin screws and loving life

Re: Average boat usage

Postby CarverChris » August 2nd, 2017, 4:53 pm

denders wrote:Source of the post There are 48 hours in a weekend ......... just say'en :-D

Maybe in the winter. In summer Friday or Monday always seem to get played in. 48 is ok, but 72 does MUCH BETTER :captain2: :beergood: Heck I save my vacation days for this purpose

United States of America
jcoll
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 1998 355 Motor yacht

Postby jcoll » August 30th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Since I've been boating, I spend all 48 hours in a weekend (plus some if I can) and most of my vacation time on the boat. :-D This year has been more. We spent 6 weeks on board 4 1/2 which were spent cruising the Chesapeake Bay. I'll do that one again as soon as I can!! We try to invite friends and family down in order to stay in touch during the season, otherwise we might forget what they look like. Don't get admitted to the hospital, get married, or die during boating season because we won't be available. That's what we tell folks - it never works though - something always comes up.

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Postby SanJuanDreamer » September 15th, 2017, 4:31 pm

Just clocked 102hrs running time this season. (2017)

Canada
feeez
Commander
Commander
Vessel Info: 2001 350 Mariner

Postby feeez » September 15th, 2017, 8:23 pm

We are roughly 2 hours from our boat. The pattern this year has been going to the boat early in the week staying a night at the marina and heading out for 2 to 4 days and back to the marina. We usually stay there another night before heading for home. I think it has worked out that we spend about half our time aboard from May to mid September.

I think we put about 40 to 50 hours on the boat this year.
Former 2001 350 Mariner owner

United States of America
SanJuanDreamer
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Still Searching

Postby SanJuanDreamer » September 15th, 2017, 11:56 pm

We try to go somewhere every other weekend in the summer time. In Aug, were usually doing 21 to 23 days in BC and then the last week in San Juan islands...Still have a lot to see. Next year will be Desolation sound...shooting for 150 hrs...wooohooo!

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » September 27th, 2017, 9:39 pm

I am 100hrs (roughly) per season. I was over 1100 NM this summer as logged on my navigation suite. In comparison, I was almost 300hrs on my genny this year.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

United States of America
tomschauer
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: 1998 Carver 355
Suspicious Fishes !
2022 Kawasaki 310X

Postby tomschauer » September 27th, 2017, 11:23 pm

We were slacking this year. Between wind, then extremely hot weather (it was in the 90's last weekend and this week), we decided several times to "do it next week". So far we only logged 21hrs on the meters. Good news is that it should cool down starting tomorrow and hopefully we can add some cruise time in October and early November before we land on the ground around Thanksgiving.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”