Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

How to Operate my Boat

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

United States of America
km1125
Admiral
Admiral

Re: How to Operate my Boat

Postby km1125 » December 20th, 2018, 6:14 pm

I found I learned a LOT more going out by myself than I did when I had others on the boat. You don't get distracted and can really think through your actions. Very early on I put my boat in some really tight spots with crosswinds that I never thought I could do, but just really thought it out as I approached the situation.

One was backing in to a "Z" slip next to the hoist. Never thought I could have done that with a crosswind, but it worked perfectly. If I had folks on board, they would have been pushing on pilings and saying "watch out for this/that" and I never really would have been able to THINK.

Also, every now and then just take your boat out and PLAY. Go back into a slip somewhere just because you want to so that someday when you NEED to, you'll already be comfortable doing it. I'll pull my boat out and spin it around and back into the slip just to rinse the other side off from the dock.

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”