Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

TIBShow

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Canada
daveS
Scurvy Dog
Scurvy Dog
Vessel Info: ☀️Sanity Sol☀️
1999 350 Mariner

Re: TIBShow

Postby daveS » January 21st, 2018, 5:57 pm

Did the Toroto Boat Show today.
Went in looking for dingy and lift system, walked out wanting to do so much more.
Need to prioritize what I want $$$$$
New house battery system, inverter, LED light replacement, replace cockpit ice maker, new dingy, dingy lift, extended swim platform....when will it stop???
I did have the pleaser to meet Lyndon670 at the Docklink booth.
Great guy and very informative on my trip from Ottawa to Georgian Bay.

Canada
nightsky
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: '94 Carver 390 cpmy

Postby nightsky » January 21st, 2018, 8:07 pm

Viper wrote:Source of the post
nightsky wrote:On my way to VIBS this morning. Looking for a new anchor. Any suggestions? :-D

If Western Marine Distributors is there, talk to them about the Rocna anchor. They won't sell to you but they can let you know who the local dealer is.

Ended up getting a Vulcan by Rocna. Also ended up getting a chartplotter/fish finder for the dinghy. Got to go aboard a Fleming 55 at the in water part of the show. I think I am in love!

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » January 23rd, 2018, 3:50 pm

Was a great show for me and for Dock Links. We signed 130+ new memebers making our ranks swell to over 1100. We also signed up 2 new marinas. Was great meeting all of the Carver folks that stopped by!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Canada
Marty
Deck Hand
Deck Hand
Vessel Info: 2000 326 AFT Cabin

Postby Marty » January 31st, 2018, 7:38 pm

What exactly is Dock Links Lyndon? Bit of a rookie to the Georgian Bay boating as we've been on Erie since 2008after moving back to Ontario from Vancouver, but once we trek the new to us 326 Aft from Sarnia to Midland in the spring we will be anchored to the north once again.... Still contemplating a marina also....considering Bay Port or Wye????

Canada
Lyndon670
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2000 Carver 506
Volvo TAMD74EDC

Postby Lyndon670 » January 31st, 2018, 11:32 pm

Hi Marty,

Dock Links is a boating membership association that gives its membership access to exclusive discounts at marinas. We have 31 marinas in Lake Ontario, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Georgian Bay, the North Channel, Lake Simcoe and the Trent System. These marinas give members 50% off transient stays, free pumpouts and fuel discounts where available. We also just released our Dock Links Member Perks app that has 2000 discounts across Canada (as we are expanding in BC, Quebec and the East Coast) that gives exclusive discounts at name brand attractions and restaurants (Boston Pizza, Shoeless Joes, Jack Astors, Enterprise Rent a Car, Canadas Wonderland, CN Tower, Midevil Times, etc) from coast to coast. Our business model is that we can save you money year round so you can boat more. Currently we have over 1100 members in Ontario and growing exponentially each year.

Basically, stay 1 night at a partner marina at your membership is paid for.

For anyone in the Carver Club that is interested in purchasing a membership, use the promo code TIBS and you will recieve $10 off your membership ($49/year).

Check us out at www.docklinks.ca
Lyndon,
2000 Carver 506
FOXY JOE
Volvo 7.4TAMD
Queens Cove Marina
Georgian Bay, Ontario

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”