Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Postby bud37 » November 18th, 2018, 5:39 pm

So another boring winter for those of us in the frozen north and the local sign has now reappeared much earlier than usual. Now my guess is, this might not be too interesting to some on this forum but for most , they will have some way of passing on info and maybe some humorous info to pass by the winter. So share.

Nevertheless here we go........ :beergood: ...... :popcorn:
Last edited by bud37 on April 25th, 2019, 7:11 pm, edited 21 times in total.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: Weeks to Golf/ Boating....24...

Postby RGrew176 » November 18th, 2018, 6:42 pm

For those of us who live in the northern regions in each life some snow must fall.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » November 19th, 2018, 6:14 pm

Just 176 days to go! Of course that is assuming boat season starts on May 15. With the early onset of cold in the north, we sure deserve early onset warmth in the spring. You know, climate change and all that. Actually saw snow on top of the ICE in my marina today! Still upset with the citation I got end of this season....Darn seagull landed on my bridge bow, and I told my son to knock him off while we were cruising. 2 minutes later I get pulled over by the CG in open water, said seagull is splattered all over his windshield. Nothing but feathers and blood on his windshield. Thinking of appealing the $350 fine, but can't seem to come up with an appropriate defense.

Cooler
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » November 19th, 2018, 11:06 pm

I am hoping to launch earlier next season. Will be shooting for April 3rd but any day before May 1st is a win for me.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » November 20th, 2018, 1:53 pm

Right now the pressing issue is what new dinghy to get and a new spot to go to further south in Florida this year cause that last storm severely damaged the area we have always gone to........ :-D ..... :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Weeks to Golf/ Boating....22...

Postby bud37 » November 24th, 2018, 10:46 am

Spent the last couple days checking online for the so called black friday deals, nothing yet on the toilet....still hopeful, not much else to do now anyway.

ONLY NOVEMBER !!!!!.....Two days ago it was -16℃ in the morning, brake pedal to the floor on new truck... :banghead: .. :censored: ......today its +5℃ and rain , the snow is melting... :down:

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Weeks to Golf/ Boating....21...

Postby bud37 » December 2nd, 2018, 10:37 am

So now 21 weeks according to the sign....today is raining and going to be 6℃ or 42.8℉, trip inside boat to check on moisture buckets, at least the ladder lock won't be frozen......our resident wild turkeys Fritz and Freda were in the backyard yesterday..... :-D

On a positive note in three short weeks the daylight will magically become longer each day... ( who knew )....... :beergood:

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral

Postby RGrew176 » December 2nd, 2018, 9:30 pm

Every day is one day closer to launch. :captain2:
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 5th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Today I have seen everything I think.... those of you around Georgian bay will understand this.

Noticed an ice hut out this morning, a little early you say... :-O .. then this afternoon someone spotted walking across the ice pulling a cart behind. Now most of the bay is open and the ice could not be thick enough, but nevertheless, cant fix stupid....thinning out the herd is in full swing...... :-O

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » December 5th, 2018, 7:41 pm

Oh Boy! Bud37, did you go get his wet, cold, shivering rear end out of the water yet? The lower Georgian Bay is at the same latitude as Green Bay, WI, so I would guess the ice is not going to support a hut, person, and gear for longer than a few minutes. Maybe he is a test dummy for a life saving immersion suit. Or, simply take the "test" part of that description out, and he is still wet, cold, shivering. Best you can do is hope the water is shallow, real shallow.
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”