Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Re: Weeks to Boating/Golf....19..

Postby Cooler » December 18th, 2018, 10:07 pm

Well, my turn for the Bud37 experience. 14 guys fishing on a scary looking sheet of ice, about 600 feet off shore. Thought I would watch for a bit. Few minutes later, looks like they are 1200 feet off shore. 20 min later, county sheriff air boat cruising toward the fishing party, 1/2 mile off shore. 3 boat trips out & back, 0 guys fishing. Looks like a lot of fishing gear, still on the ice. Or maybe it was some other piles of dark matter, could not quite make out the detail. Can't believe that ice sheet held them up. Temps have been in the high 30's - low 40's.
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 19th, 2018, 9:08 am

Good to see they made it off, still what the heck would that many be doing out at this time....WOW.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Postby Cooler » December 19th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Update: #15 was rescued from floating ice 10 mi north of that original group. Saw it on news, he was 2 miles off shore. What are these people thinking????? I am rescinding my comment earlier about wanting to go ice fishing. If, you need to be that brave ( ignorant ) of your surroundings to be successful, then I want no part. One of these times is is not going to end well. Good for everybody so far!
Cooler By The Lake

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » December 20th, 2018, 2:28 am

Ice fishing holds no sway over me. It's not something I feel I want or need to do.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » December 21st, 2018, 8:19 am

You can rent huts that have beds and you can fish whilst in bed.. :-O ......So from this day on, the daylight grows longer, we have turned the corner so to speak........ :beergood:
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: Weeks to Boating/Golf....18....

Postby bud37 » December 23rd, 2018, 5:45 am

One less week to go.....to everyone.... Have a Merry Christmas, and a good safe Holiday season for all..... :-D

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 17 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » December 30th, 2018, 9:20 am

So another week passed, Xmas stuff all done for another year, days getting longer, it is flying by. Time to look forward to the TIBS which is now only three weeks away, that will be a nice diversion and chance to spend some of that money building up before it disappears by itself in the stock market ( whats with that )?? algorithms or ??

Every one have a good New Years...be safe.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Re: 17 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby RGrew176 » December 30th, 2018, 6:38 pm

The Detroit Boat Show is coming up in February. It is one of my annual pilgrimages. Even though I will most likely never buy a new boat again I do like to look at whats new. There are other things there to spend money on besides boats. I purchased a new inflatable at last years show to replace one that finally wore out.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 16 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » January 6th, 2019, 11:13 am

Lots of ice now, at least enough for huts and people....not sno machines yet, at least those with some common sense. Seems like only pike under the ice.
One less week to go and 2 weeks to TIBS....... :beergood:

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Twin 350XL Crusaders

Re: 16 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby Cooler » January 6th, 2019, 8:55 pm

Bad news from our region. First fatality of snow mobile going through the ice. Oddly enough, it was on an inland lake. Those small lakes ice over long before the bay. For areas with ice, good catches of yellow perch, crappie, blue gill & walleye being reported.
You guys are so lucky to have boat shows to look forward to. All the boat shows in this region have turned into pontoon boat shows. Still can't get my head around $150K pontoon boats. Few cruisers, if any at all. The new Great Lakes Scuttlebutt magazine is out. Check your local distribution points. If you have not checked that publication out, try it. I was pleasantly surprised at the articles and reviews. 128 days, 12 hours, and 5 min to go! 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”