Welcome to Carver Yachts Owners Forum

We are a boating forum for owners of Carver Yachts to enthusiastically discuss all aspects of Carver Boat ownership. Whether you are looking for your first Carver or currently own one, you are sure to feel at home on CarverYachtOwners.com

You are currently viewing our board as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to searching the forum topics, post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Boating/Golf......ASAP...

Chat with fellow Carver owners about cruising destinations and more. Plan rendezvous, raft ups & get together's here.

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 8 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » March 3rd, 2019, 1:31 pm

I just went thru the thread from last winter and this appears to be tracking along much the same......well, off to buy rat traps, seems there is something hanging around the deck that needs to be adjusted, don't know if I can crawl under though, with the snow......dadburn varmints......quote from Yosemite Sam....... :-D

Ha, there was the statement that we would spend next winter in the south....well as you can see that did not happen.....hurricane Michael and some family stuff.....geez....well we are sort of healthy so all is good.... :-D
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 3rd, 2019, 3:25 pm

You're definitely right about that. There will be lots of stuff floating in the water come spring. It's a normal right of passage from winter to spring. I've seen many things floating on or sometimes just beneath the surface of the waters. Gotta be very careful in the spring or after any hard rains during the season.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

United States of America
Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Former owner of a 2003 Carver 356 with 8.1 Mercs
Agradecida
Current owner 1989 60’ Hatteras MY with 8v92 Detroit’s
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » March 3rd, 2019, 4:09 pm

Cooler, sorry we missed you. The party was a lot of fun and the food was good. This is our first year so it was fun to meet new people.
I believe our storage is around 50-55 degrees.
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Postby bud37 » March 4th, 2019, 9:42 am

Tomorrow is Shrove Tuesday...pancake Tuesday..Mardi Gras....that date really jumps around in our calendar from year to year heh.
This morning it is -15C/5F...sunny though........ Thoughts for people in south eastern US , terrible day yesterday.
The above is strictly my opinion always based on years of doing...remember to support local business , it pays back.

United States of America
Cooler
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 1995 Carver 330 Mariner
Twin 350XL Crusaders
Home port: Menominee, MI

Postby Cooler » March 4th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Maybe we should all meet in N'aalens. Fun place, and typically wayyy too funnn. Ya gotta like the smell of urine though. Fat Tuesday is the day we all chow down on Packzi's, isn't it? Does your bakery have them? 7F below 0 here, but alas, good news. The weather guy said this is probably it, temps slowly go up from here. It won't be long before they report the thing we all have been waiting to hear. " The high for tomorrow will be 72, winds out of the south at 5 to 10, but it will be cooler by the lake". 8-) er
Cooler By The Lake
( All weather people have to say this on air, near lakes )

United States of America
Sadey
First Mate
First Mate
Vessel Info: Former owner of a 2003 Carver 356 with 8.1 Mercs
Agradecida
Current owner 1989 60’ Hatteras MY with 8v92 Detroit’s
Benedetto

Postby Sadey » March 4th, 2019, 9:32 pm

We started on the Packzi's today and damn they were good! I remember going out on Lake St. Clair to see the "icebergs" on my grandfathers boat. Didn't realize how hard core he was until my first boat. I guess as long as we have heat we are all good.
Thank you for the help!

Dave & Trina

Topic author Canada
bud37
Admiral
Admiral

Re: 7 Weeks to Boating/Golf..

Postby bud37 » March 9th, 2019, 7:35 am

Well we are now 7 weeks away, there are signs to be aware of...the F1 season starts next week in Aussie land....it is Spring ahead tonight....we are 11 days from Spring.....and the Official start of spring, the Masters, is coming in less than a month.....its all good I say...... :down: ........ :beergood:

Going to be 0C today and sunny...... :popcorn:

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » March 9th, 2019, 8:05 am

I see melting temps all next week after the 6" of snow were getting tomorrow that is. The marina sent me my slip renewal contract along with the invoice yesterday. :-O The signs of a new season approaching are definitely there. :down: In the mean time my wife and I are going out to take advantage of the unreal snowmobile conditions. A couple hundred kilometres and we should be back. :-D
Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

United States of America
RGrew176
Admiral
Admiral
Vessel Info: 2022 Stingray 182 SC

Postby RGrew176 » March 10th, 2019, 1:16 pm

If our weather forecast is correct we will see our first 60* day this week. When we start to see 60's on a regular basis spring is not far off.
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club

Canada
Midnightsun
CYO Supporter
CYO Supporter
Vessel Info: The Midnight Sun
2007 41CMY
Volvo D6-370's

Postby Midnightsun » March 10th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Just got about another 8" of white gold but seems to have tapered off. This winter is discouraging. :cry: Snowmobiling yesterday was fantastic. Pic of my wife and sled yesterday around 11AM. Got in around 160km. Mildly chipped to 220hp with eco trail tune. :-D

Cheers, Hans
2007 Carver 41 CMY
Twin Volvo D6-370's
Montreal, Canada
Midnight Sun I Photos

Return to “Boating & Cruising Lifesyle”